To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Can't Login or see score

can't login to bitcomet while downloading for the last four days.

Bitcomet remains in as signing in for the whole time.

In browser we can login into our cometID account , but it did not show your score.

Fix IT

• Like 2

To everyone concerned about CometID, yes it's down, this happens sometimes with websites just like it does with your personal computer, errors occur and need to be fixed. Large commercial websites like Google and Amazon have many backup servers running and staff on duty 24/7 to fix problems, but BitComet being a free service is maintained by volunteers and it will be fixed as soon as someone on the development team has the time to fix it. I have notified them of the outage and I expect it will be up and running by monday, if not sooner.

In the mean time you can continue to use BitComet, it will still work as good as any other bittorrent client and only some of it's more advanced features like LTseed snapshots, search for mirrors etc will be effected by the outage.

• Like 2

@mcdaga,

You would do well to politely ask that something be "fixed/changed/added" rather than outright demand "Fix IT".

You seem to forget that both the development and support of and for BitComet are FREE (all by volunteers), and thus, you (nor anyone else) are NOT entitled to demand anything of anybody.

Perhaps any future posts will show that you just had a minor lapsus and, are, indeed, someone who is well-mannered.

Since this is NOT a bug... *topic moved*

Now they have to do it alllll over again. Ain't I glad that I'm not on the team or my ears would be burning ;)

Seriously though, they do a great job and this is the first problem in a lot of years and problems do occur, especially when script kiddies go out of their way to take down a server for no reason than 'they can'

Now they have to do it alllll over again. Ain't I glad that I'm not on the team or my ears would be burning ;)

Seriously though, they do a great job and this is the first problem in a lot of years and problems do occur, especially when script kiddies go out of their way to take down a server for no reason than 'they can'

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. It's really nothing to be concerned with, you can still download and use bitcomet.

As previously mentioned the server was fixed after the development team returned from the holiday weekend, but a harddrive error caused another issue. It's back up and running now so lets hope for the best.