To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Download won't start

Hello I am Noob, I run windows 7 Home road runner lighting at 50 mbps down and 10 mbps up. Down loads will not start. The error I get is failed to save task list (E:/ program files\bit comet\downloads.xml). Did I do something wrong in setup? Do I need to change paths? Help Please :mellow:

Hello I am Noob, I run windows 7 Home road runner lighting at 50 mbps down and 10 mbps up. Down loads will not start. The error I get is failed to save task list (E:/ program files\bit comet\downloads.xml). Did I do something wrong in setup? Do I need to change paths? Help Please :mellow:

There is definitely a problem in the path you posted, local drive paths use the backslash not forwardslash, but that may be a typo. Also windows seven protects the "program files" directory so you cannot save your downloads.xml there. There is an advanced option to have it use %appdata% instead, or if you have it set to use programfiles folder windows should relocate it to your %virtual store% folder. This is a complicated mess created by microsoft, older windows versions allowed the app to decide where to save your configuration files, but their newer versions don't allow access to many areas, so we created the option to use %appdata%, it's a default option unless you installed overtop an older version that stored the file elsewhere in which case windows will determine the location.