To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

LT Seed collapsed

That is your global setting that shows you have LTseed enabled, it must also be enabled on the task, and allowed (not a private torrent). If all these conditions are met and there are LTseed peers available and not sufficient bittorrent peers in the swarm in order to complete the task quickly, then it will connect to LTseed peers. If there are no LTseed sources, you will become one after the torrent completes.

Also you must be logged into cometID for this to work and if you discovered this issue over the weekend the reason would have been because the cometID servers were offline.

If you'd like to try a test, select a very popular torrent and before you start it remove all trackers and disable DHT, this will leave only LTseed sources and if they are available it will download from them. If you want an easy torrent to test with try one of the torrents for the latest versions of bitcomet, you can be sure there will be LTseed sources for them, in fact I just tried it with both 32 and 64bit versions as I am typing this and both downloaded completely with only LTseed connections.

Your last screenshot shows that LTseed is working and there are 0 available. If there were LTseeds available it would have downloaded.

Try one of the torrents for BitComet, both of them worked for me and completed quickly with only LTseed connections.

Webseed is the same protocol, if you look on your summary page it should show all the data came from LTseed. You can also notice that the number of available LTseeds were 2, but with a file that small it was faster to get it from the webseed, so that's what it did.

Also if you look at your first screenshot you are downloading at 1875kB/s, bitcomet isn't going to be able to speed that up using LTseed since there is only one file in the torrent and unlike bittorrent where you download piece by piece, with non-bittorrent connections you download entire files. LTseed is more likely to help on torrents with an absence of good bittorrent peers and works best with torrents that have multiple files.

I tried removing the webseed address and bitcomet still downloaded. I then got a popular TV show to test with and it too downloaded with only LTseed connections. If you want to try it here is the link.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:KX4Y2YSWWVQRCK4SQ3WFWL64PALTI5G2&dn=Game%20of%20Thrones%20S05E04%20HDTV%20XviD-FUM%5Bettv%5D&xl=445070384

It will take a while for the LTseeds to start because the protocol reserves bandwidth for bittorrent transfers first, but when needed the LTseeds kick in exactly like it was designed to do.

This test shows exactly how it will work on an unseeded task, after a while the LTseed peers will be connected and the file completes making you a seeder so you can share the files with other bittorrent peers.

I think the only problem is you don't understand the purpose of LTseed. I confirmed that it worked for me with the bitcomet torrent, and the other by disabling all other sources and in both cases it completed with LTS.

• 5 weeks later...