To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

BitComet truncates file names.

chibito

Looks like BitComet doesn't like when files of certain type have long name with dot in some position. For example, file with such name:

blablablablabla bla.alb albalbalb albalb albalb albalbalb albalbalb alb.exe

Becomes this:

blablablablabla bla.exe

And if there is many files with the same part before dot but after dot they're different, then in directory will be created only one file blablablablabla bla.exe, the others can't be created because they all be with the same name. I don't know all file types with which this situation occurs, I found out that EXE always truncated and only with certain name length after dot.

Edited by chibito (see edit history)

Here it is:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:ecb62f433220557337e834bd59b696efa63d3b9a

But you also can create some text files, name them in such pattern and change their extension to EXE. After that just make torrent for those files and you will see, that in the BitComet all their names will be truncated.

BitComet can't show you such files because of this bug, but open it in another torrent client and you will see, that there is two exe files with long names and dot is used to show their version.

I don't know why you don't see seeders, for me this link forks fine.

edit: Thanks for answer and thanks for BitComet, for me this is the best torrent client but for some reason it is highly underrated by other people...

Edited by chibito (see edit history)