To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

mpcstar crash windows 10

NLDre

Hi!

After upgrading to windows 10 mpcstar would crash after opening mkv files. I am using v. 5.4 (4.5.11.8)

And for some weird reason it doesn't crash with every mkv file. i can open some movies with higher res. and higher bitrates and higher frames, than the crashing series i'm trying to play.

does anyone have any suggestions/solutions? or do i have to wait on an update?

thanks in advance.

Hi!

After upgrading to windows 10 mpcstar would crash after opening mkv files. I am using v. 5.4 (4.5.11.8)

And for some weird reason it doesn't crash with every mkv file. i can open some movies with higher res. and higher bitrates and higher frames, than the crashing series i'm trying to play.

does anyone have any suggestions/solutions? or do i have to wait on an update?

thanks in advance.

Thanks For Letting Us Know But, If any Chance you Have Multi Moniters, or Not You Might Need To Ajust The Screen Size OR Could be a failing Disk sector, Just Try In another Player to ZERO it Out,. <_<

its a single screen (laptop) and the windows video app works fine. but mpc star is working mutch better now, i found out that it crashes when loading in a season of episodes. but only if you load the season from ep.1. if you load it from say ep. 3,4,5,etc. it works fine. checked it with different series from different disks. anyway thanks for the responses. :)

its a single screen (laptop) and the windows video app works fine. but mpc star is working mutch better now, i found out that it crashes when loading in a season of episodes. but only if you load the season from ep.1. if you load it from say ep. 3,4,5,etc. it works fine. checked it with different series from different disks. anyway thanks for the responses. :)

My best guess is you don't have the proper codecs to play all of the videos, you may have an older codec installed that is close enough to work, but when the video changes from one type to another similar type it cause something to hang. It's also possible that one or more of the videos is corrupt. It's possible that a less technical player wouldn't notice a corruption in the video encoding and simply ignore it while other player would try to be more protocol compliant and cause an impasse. For example video streaming protocols are coded to ignore errors because most viewers would rather see errors on the screen than have the video stop and need to be restarted, but a higher quality protocol which is common on downloaded files would enforce a perfect playback without skipping frames and such.

Generally video streaming is a variable quality protocol that puts all emphasis on getting the video played on time and little on how clear the video is. They can still look quite nice under perfect conditions, but if you really enjoy quality you don't want to stream.

You may also want to try stopping the torrent and rehashing the files, if one became damaged, even a single bit out of place it will be detected and easily fixed by redownloading any missing data after the torrent is rehashed... assuming you downloaded the videos via torrent.