To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

[New] V1.40 BitComet [20150906] has been released

wxhere

Dear all,

The latest version of BitComet has just been released. You're all welcomed to download it from Official Site.

Changelog v1.40 2015.09.06

GUI Improved: support Windows 10

GUI Bugfix: Torrent make dialog not displayed when drag-n-drop files to the web-view pane in main window

Core Bugfix: when delete download task and its files together, sometimes certain sub-directories are not removed

Welcome to bug report and feature suggestion.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

sorry to say that but this time bitcomet 1.4 has a virus

you can check it at this site

https://www.virustotal.com

I just scanned the 64bit version of bitcomet 1.40 using the site you suggested and out of 56 popular scan engines there were zero threats detected.

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/31571e7fdacf177ff1a403dc0d4125d49cba6ce3dd17f21a6bd421bfd9136e3b/analysis/1442352366/

I'll scan the 32bit version too as soon as it finished downloading.

• Like 2

The 32bit version was also tested by 56 virus detection engines and one obscure scan (ikarus) alerted to one possible threat, "win32 heri" which is NOT A VIRUS, rather it is a suspected Trojan. This is a Heuristic detection of a program that downloads. This is an obvious False Positive.

A Trojan is not a Virus. A virus is an infection that spreads and reproduces itself and can infect other computers through sharing files or media. A trojan is a computer program that has a hidden purpose that the person installing it is not aware of. Considering that this relatively obscure AV scanner made by ikarus recognised that bitcomet is a download tool but it's developers didn't recognise that BitComet is intended to download, that is adequate proof of a false positive. The other 55 online scanners reported the file as clean which is more proof of a false positive.

Whenever you see a detection result you should lookup the threat and read it's description which in this case is a "heuristic trojan downloader", or in plain english it's not a virus, it's a program that appears to be related to downloading that the anti virus is unsure about. In this case if you were expecting a program to edit photos and you see a heuristic definition about downloading you might have reason to be concerned, but if you are downloading a revolutionary program that incorporates multiple protocol downloading like no other has ever before and an antivirus suggests it might be a download tool, then it's obvious your scanning software isn't well developed as bitcomet has been one of the major download clients for over 10 years and should have been recognised. Also the fact that the other 55 companies which include all of the major players in virus and malware detection have tested it as clean, so I wouldn't even give this a second thought, however it would be helpful if you would submit it for testing as a false positive. My guess is that ikarus will remove it from their detection within a couple weeks as most companies do when false positives surface, but the more often it's submitted for testing the faster this process will work. Eventually they will realize that bitcomet is a download tool and avoid detections in that category.

Thank you for alerting us to this detection and in the future it would be helpful if you could identify any detections and properly label them as either Virus, Worm, or Trojan and if it's an actual detection or a heuristic (suspected) detection.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

hi sir ! theres a problem i have encountered. i cannot log into my account anymore in this new update 1.40 . it just keep on saying connecting to server and then try again next time. what's wrong? my internet connection is strong i even have downloaded a movie but i cannot log in with my account at bit comet 1.40 . help please

• Like 1

hi sir ! theres a problem i have encountered. i cannot log into my account anymore in this new update 1.40 . it just keep on saying connecting to server and then try again next time. what's wrong? my internet connection is strong i even have downloaded a movie but i cannot log in with my account at bit comet 1.40 . help please

There is a problem with the CometID server. So far I've lost 6 days, but I understand what's happening as it's happened before.

Frustrating I know, but hopefully it will be resolved in the next few days.

You are not alone. :)

Don't worry, this happens from time to time.

It won't affect the bitcomet client functionality much but you won't get any points added to your score until you can login again.

Bitcomet is supported by volunteers so there is no 24/7/365 team to sort it out immediately. Just be patient and it will be back soon :-)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...