To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

like many struggling with listen port blocked

sree1234

Hi,

Recently all of sudden, in bitcomet listen port is blocked. Before i post here i have completed all steps listed in below link

http://wiki.bitcomet...g_in_nat_router

my firewall is controlled by the mcafee and i selected open port to all devices for bitcomet

I stuck while adding port forward in IBALL router.i am using 150M Wireless-N ADSL2+ Router

where i can see in virtual server section it is asking me to add service name where i do not see bitcomet . i remembered i added both bitcomet TCP and UDP in netwotk--> router--> settings---> add service

how to go forward? experts any help can i get?

Thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! Same with me.

BitComet 1.38 - 64 bit

W10 64 bit

Kaspersky Internet Security 2016

one ADSL router

Ethernet wire (no WiFi)

Description: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Driver version: 8.23.1126.2013

3 days ago, as of september 26, 2015, everything was doing fine (very fine).

Then without any apparent reason, ports are blocked and all the tasks are showing 0Kb/s (zero), nothing is working anymore.

I followed all the guidelines from the help page without success.

I also tried with firewalls disabled. Both Kaspersky and Defender. It didn't help.

I noticed that there was a Windows critical update done. I rolled back to an earlier restore point when it worked fine. It didn't help

"Listen Port of TCP:	15920 (Blocked by Firewall/Router)"

I noticed a red light on the router, indicating that there was not internet connection. The internet connection was down the whole evening. The next day, the connection was back to normal (no red light).

Then the problem started with BitComet...

Hi,

I noticed a red light on the router, indicating that there was not internet connection. The internet connection was down the whole evening. The next day, the connection was back to normal (no red light).

Then the problem started with BitComet...

Perhaps I'm way off on this but, something similar has (unfortunately) happened to me in the past, from time to time...what usually happens is that, for some unknown reason, the router resets itself back to factory settings, and I have to re-forward the ports again.

Have you checked yours, to make sure that it has remained the same? (Just a thought) :)

I'm connected to the internet directly with the router.

As cassie suggested I'll have to try forwarding the port manualy. (I'll have to find the time to read and apply the instructions)

These last days I have been playing with firewall and network settings to relax/allow rules with Bitcomet but it didn't help.

Thank you very much for following up.

<p>Ok, I followed all the instructions line by line, from here.

http://wiki.bitcomet...g_in_nat_router

I succeeded to Port forward the port used by Bitcomet to my router. (There was even a preset for bitTorent - how they think about everything, hea!)

I assigned a fixed IP address for connection with my router... etc

I added TCP UDP rules to firewalls (windows and Kespersky) but it was not working with both Kaspersky and Windows Firewall disabled anyway so the problem was not there.

It still didn't work. Port blocked!

EDITO:Finaly!!! It's working! When I forwarded the port I had to enter the user's IP instead of the computer's IP (home), but the computer's IP was set by default and I didn't know which one I had to select...So now, we will know that you must select your user's IP when forwarding the port in your router!(took 5 hours to fix this problem, not counting the other days. BUT I'm HAPPY) :D

Edited by Fredledingue (see edit history)

When forwarding your port the connections come in on your WAN IP address which is what your router uses because your computer isn't connected directly to the internet. You need to forward that to your computers LAN IP address.