To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

email change

savvas39

Hello guys,

Is there any way to change my cometid account email address? Due to security reasons i need to close my old email address soon... Tried to contact Bitcomet support via email but with no response yet.. its been almost two months and i really don't want to create a new account since my current account is lvl 28 etc... If an admin can see my post please reply...

Thank you very much

First I'll say that none of the forum staff has access to the cometID servers, but I can tell you that changing email addresses is not allowed. The reason behind this decision is simple. It's a free service and the developers who designed it and maintain the servers are volunteers and with many millions of users worldwide it would be impossible to do unnecessary database edits for everyone because the manpower just doesn't exist, but you are free to make a new account or you can continue to use the existing one even if the email is closed, however you will be unable to recover lost passwords or change password if you cannot access the email.

For future reference it's usually wise to avoid ISP provided email addresses for things like this as you could be forced to abandon the email when you switch ISPs, the same is true about employer provided emails. Google Mail is a good free alternative, or there are many email services worldwide that can provide the level of security you need.

Thank you very much for the reply.

Firstly I know for a fact, a friend of mine contacted your support team and had his email address changed.... So it is possible for someone to change his account email.

Secondly, in my opinion is unfair for old users who need an email change to enforce them on creating a new account. All these years of downloading and sharing......will be pointless. I understand that the service is free and it is hard to change the email address but i am willing to donate a small amount to your support team in order to get the job done. I really don't want to loose my current account.

Finally i would like to thank you for your time reading this post and i hope you can help me or guide me on how to resolve my email address problem.

Thanks again.

I'm not aware of anyone having their email changed and I've been running the forum since long before CometID (formerly BitComet passport) was created. No one on the support team has access to do it as it would require server access to edit the database and only the development team can do that. However since you are willing to make a donation towards development I will attempt to get you in contact with someone from development who may be able to help. Please send me a private message and I'll see what I can do.