To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

My task list disappeared

cyberdoc

Hello

My computer crashed with the blue screen appearing, and when I restarted windows I found that my BitComet task list is gone. All the torrents I downloaded are gone. I can see them in the History task list and I can restart them but the problem I have to do them one by one and each time I start a task I get the message that the path already exists and I have to accept. Now this would be OK if it was to be done for 10, 20 even 50, but I have 2126 tasks to restart,

Is there a way to restart those tasks without going through one by one?

Or is it possible to repair the old task list? where is it located?

I restored my computer to a point before the crash but still have a blank task list.

Please Help...

Yes, you can restore to a previous task list from before the crash. The list is called downloads.xml, bitcomet saves 10 backups of this file named downloads.xml(date of backup).bak. Just select a date before the crash and rename it to downloads.xml.

If you had read the "read this before posting" topic and provided the required info I could tell you where the file is located, but without that info there is no way to be sure so do a search or start in your appdata folder.

Also, all those tasks will have to be rehashed which could take a very long time.

Thank you very much for your help and sorry I did not read the help files. I just did a quick search and gave up too soon when I did not find my answer. This is my first post here although I am an old member of BitComet, I almost never had a problem that I could not solve before. Any way thanks, I managed to restore my task list and am back and functional again.

Great news and glad I was able to help.

ps. Unfortunately Microsoft changed the way windows handles these files, if bitcomet tries to save the file in one location windows could but it in a completely different location depending on the version and the user account settings, so it get's complicated. We do get this question often we've poste the options for resolving in more times than I can count and we also put together an article that explains how to tell where it would be depending on the users settings and windows version, but the simplest way to solve it is to identify the info about the users computer and we can usually point the member directly to the files. I've also suggested making the restoration part of the gui since it happens a lot, but it's not a fault of bitcomet that this happens and if you run a large number of files you may see this happen more often if bitcomet doesn't have time to shut down all tasks properly.