To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

MPCStar update required

Hi,

I am big fan of mpcstar 5.4 aka tiger player.I am still using the last updater version 5.4(4.5.11.8) with my windows 10.

But i think now is the time to update the codec to latest version.

I request the developers to look into this.

My most favorite feature of mpcstar is step forward and step rewind with arrows keys. So this feature should not be removed.

if you people are not interested in upgrading. please tell me how can i integrate latest codes from k-lite to mpcstar.

I think there is an option to use system codecs instead of internal codecs, but I don't have it installed to I can't look for the option for you.

What type of video playback problems are you having? I think it is designed to use system codecs if the internal ones aren't compatible

I think there is an option to use system codecs instead of internal codecs, but I don't have it installed to I can't look for the option for you.

What type of video playback problems are you having? I think it is designed to use system codecs if the internal ones aren't compatible

There is no option to use internal codes and most new format not work at their best.One more thing i think mpc star does not support NVIDIA CUDA and alternative technologies.There is option for Hardware Acceleration only for Intel HD but i have better GPU installed so no use.

There are glitches and slow response when i step forward a 1080p video.

I didn't suggest there was an option to use internal codecs, it does that automatically unless you have unsupported video then it should use system codecs. Have you installed h265/x265 codecs? I'd try that first, if that doesn't work see if that torrent or another x265 torrent has a small sample file that won't play and I'll see if I can send it to them to work on, but can't promise if or when they will. In the meantime you can try Media Player Classic which is bundled with K-lite codec packs, it should play anything assuming the proper codecs are installed.

If an update is needed, I'll see what I can do to help

As for GPU, I believe it will use any installed discrete gpu, but integrated gpu chips require the extra step to enable because many can cause issues and I suspect your system may also have the Intel HD gpu, probably integrated in you cpu or motherboard if you have an older cpu. You can try enabling it, not sure if it will work if it's not enabled in your system. Also make sure the nVidia is enabled in your bios and OS, some systems use switchable graphics and it's possible your nVidia is disabled.

• 10 months later...
On 1/24/2017 at 1:13 PM, The UnUsual Suspect said:

I don't know if this project is going to be furthered developed

I have a suggestion if you publish one last update. Just integrate  mpcstar with codec guide updates Their  releases are frequent with latest requirements

Allow users to use codecs from codecguide with their tiger player/mpcstar. This will help users like me to save search for mpcstar alternative

Looking forward for your positive reply

4 hours ago, WallpapersWithQuotes said:

I have a suggestion if you publish one last update. Just integrate  mpcstar with codec guide updates Their  releases are frequent with latest requirements

Allow users to use codecs from codecguide with their tiger player/mpcstar. This will help users like me to save search for mpcstar alternative

Looking forward for your positive reply

First of all, this isn't up to me. This is a community support forum which I have been running for nearly 11 years, but the developers of BitComet rarely post here, they pay the bills, and leave us to help each other, which is common with most freeware. MPCStar is another freeware product that one or more members of the team developed, along with several other apps over the past 11 years, some were popular, others weren't, and many have been abandoned simply because like all of us, we have bills to pay and although it's nice to give something to the community, it doesn't pay the bills, so time is usually focused on your "day job" first, but hopefully they will find time to update it, but with that said, I was under the impression it could use system codecs and would do so if it's internal codecs didn't recognise the video. I confess I have had mpcstar installed in over a year, but I've installed K-Lite codec pack and never had a video that wouldn't play using any player. Of course I could install MPCstar to see if it will play x265 video, but it's really a moot point if it's not going to be further developed, but if you are able to prepare a proper report on the suggestion you've made with an accurate technical description of what you would like incorporated so they can research it, I will pass it along, and if you are fluent in Mandarin, a bilingual report would help since the developers are Chinese.