To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Disk Overload and Force Stop Task [on Last Window Update]

HatsunuMike

Hi, I using Window 10 and today [2016/04/16] got window last update, after update bitcomet announce me a 'Disk Overload' and always announce in right corner of PC, some task or all task was force stop [with x at status]

this problem is about bitcomet or window update?

[before update I never found this problem]

Thanks

Try changing your bitcomet disc cache from the default 50mb to 500mb, Or try the settings I use on this computer...

Min disc cache 50

Max disc cache 1024

Shrink disc cache if free mem lower than 500

Cache size for HTTP 2048

This will use ram memory to store the commonly used data and reduce the disc read/writes and prevent overload. If the problem persists you may have to take a closer look at the disc, scan for errors, etc. If it[s a remote disc you might need larger cache settings.

This will lighten the load on your harddrive, but keep in mind that bitcomet will now use more ram memory.

Try changing your bitcomet disc cache from the default 50mb to 500mb, Or try the settings I use on this computer...

Min disc cache 50

Max disc cache 1024

Shrink disc cache if free mem lower than 500

Cache size for HTTP 2048

This will use ram memory to store the commonly used data and reduce the disc read/writes and prevent overload. If the problem persists you may have to take a closer look at the disc, scan for errors, etc. If it[s a remote disc you might need larger cache settings.

This will lighten the load on your harddrive, but keep in mind that bitcomet will now use more ram memory.

lolR6R.png

Yes, I do

but problem about disk overload still appears

rQNi5e.png

After Disk Busy Notification

a Task is...

LSfBos.png

Task Manager show like this

MFrhVP.png

Edited by HatsunuMike (see edit history)

You definitely don't want 7777mb of max disc cache when you only have 8gb of ram, so I'd reduce that to half you ram (4096mb) or lower, and since you still have disc overload I suspect a disc problem. Scan any affected discs for errors and if they aren't SSD drives it would be a good idea to defrag them too. If they are remote discs. like connected to a NAS device then they may be powering off to save power so you may need to work with the NAS settings to keep them active.

You can also try moving them to a different disc if the problem persists.

I've also seen cases where the path was too long which caused problems writing the data. In this case downloading them to the root of the drive will usually shorten the path, or in a folder with a short name. Different file systems have different limits to how long a path can be, and it only takes one file in the torrent to be too long before an error can stop the torrent.

I'd also recommend doing a manual hash check on the affected torrents before resuming.