To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Trouble with re downloading

Ok. I can't find appropriate topic so I start this one.

I have a problem. I downloaded a game (Around 2.3 GB. It took me roughly 1/2h to download) and tried to patch it up. I accidently deleted a file that was necessery, so I decided to delete whole folder and download the game again. I entered the exactly same site and links and downloaded the same torrent and put it in BitComet. But this time both seeds and peers were at 0 and the download wouldn't move at all. The first time was fast but the second time there are zeroes everywhere. I cleared history i deleted files and tried again, still no ffect.

Anyone can help?

I'm sorry but to engage in any sort of discussion that encompasses the "legality" of downloading specific contents (eg - in this case, a game with/without a patch) is completely prohibited in these forums. I'm sure that you can understand BitComet's stance, with regards to this issue...

Your best bet is to go back to the original downloading site and ask for help there.

*topic moved*

When you want to redownload a torrent that has parts missing or corrupt just stop the torrent, right click, and select "manual hash check". This will confirm all the pieces that are still intact and you can then download only the pieces that were damaged.

We can help you with downloading, but not with using the files you've downloaded.

Right click on task and select "Update Tracker".

Do so, with one minute pause in between, until BitComet finds more peers.

Won't doing this just pound the tracker, thus irritating the heck out of them and (possibly) get you banned/ostracized?

Won't doing this just pound the tracker, thus irritating the heck out of them and (possibly) get you banned/ostracized?

No.. Public trackers do not ban IPs. However, they do have anti spam filters: which results in closing the connection for a short period of time.

We pound the tracker until it finds more connectable peers.

Edited by GandalfTheWizard (see edit history)

it actually reflects poorly on BitComet which has been accused of this behavior in the past, but it's been proven that no versions of BitComet do this. There is 3rd party apps that can cause this, but on private trackers you can and will get banned, and even on public trackers if an admin witnesses an IP hammering the tracker they will ban the IP. In most cases this won't make any difference and the tracker will update looking for new peers at a set rate as defined by the tracker.

• Like 1