To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

BitComet Tracker v0.5 Bugs

Hey guys I'm new to bitcomet products in general and was just looking for a home PC compatible BitTorrent tracker application. Which you guys helpfully provided so kudos to you. But I'm having some trouble with it, when I use the announce and/or the scrape URL are returning 0 peers in the client, however at the information URL there is plenty of accurate information. There is also no data being transfered through the tracker, when I turn off DHT and PEX there is no transfer no matter the client including the BitComet client.

Also, when I try to imput a connection string after having moved the MySQL db DLL file into the plugins folder the client doesn't connect to the database. When I include the port of the DB host however the client crashes. Also when I try to include more than one port for the TCP or UDP urls like the client suggests allowing it deletes all the secondary ports.

Can anyone please help with this?

Edited by Edward_Stryfe (see edit history)

Unfortunately bitcomet tracker hasn't been developed in about 9 years. It wasn't very popular so the development team focused their efforts elsewhere. You are welcome to use if as you please, but I doubt any bugs will be worked or updates issued.

• Like 1

Unfortunately bitcomet tracker hasn't been developed in about 9 years. It wasn't very popular so the development team focused their efforts elsewhere. You are welcome to use if as you please, but I doubt any bugs will be worked or updates issued.
Thank you so much for your reply. And is there at least a way to get it to function better? The instructions in the Readme's and other files in the project don't seem too specific or helpful

I suspect the changes in the way bittorrent clients behave over the years accounts for the issues you're having and back when it was first developed it worked and complied with all protocol, but unfortunately it wasn't a very popular app so it was abandoned. In fact I can count the number of times members have enquired about it on one hand over the past 10 years and I think it's highly unlikely the development team will continue any development on it, but if you are fluent in Mandarin you can register on their chinese forum and ask them directly.

• Like 1

I suspect the changes in the way bittorrent clients behave over the years accounts for the issues you're having and back when it was first developed it worked and complied with all protocol, but unfortunately it wasn't a very popular app so it was abandoned. In fact I can count the number of times members have enquired about it on one hand over the past 10 years and I think it's highly unlikely the development team will continue any development on it, but if you are fluent in Mandarin you can register on their chinese forum and ask them directly.

Unfortunately no, thank you for your service though. Your advice was very helpful and much appreciated

Ahhh... It's sooo refreshing to have someone have the good manners to thank someone else for their help, that it just makes my day, reading it.

Thak you, Edward_Stryfe! :)