To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Port Blocked even after forwarded

Hi all

Dell laptop connected to 1 M.B ADSL internet by lan to D-link router with a static IP

Windows 7 64x .. using Bitcomet 1.40 64x for 2 years ( with some updates )

Port 14950 forwaded manually and firewall exception is made .. UPnP mapping disabled

Trust and allow rule made in Kaspersky Internet Security 2016

Everyhing was just fine for 2 years with a green light .. last month bitcomt began to show me a yellow light .. I tried re-forwarding port and that did not help .. I left it as it is .

a few days ago the green returned by itself .. ok .. good for me ..

without any change.. the yellow light is back yesterday ..

I checked everything again .. tried another ports and forwarded them .. went back to firewall and kaspersky rules .. and at last I unistalled Bitcomet 1.40 an installed the new 1.42 I found ..STILL .. yellow light

Any help please ?

Reards

post-136540-0-17174100-1468090297.jpg

post-136540-0-52424300-1468090300.jpg

post-136540-0-39992900-1468090303.jpg

post-136540-0-35842500-1468090305.jpg

post-136540-0-56611500-1468090309.jpg

post-136540-0-62214500-1468090314.jpg

post-136540-0-03482100-1468090316.jpg

post-136540-0-96326200-1468090696.jpg

Edited by Hammadymn (see edit history)

it looks to me like you've done everything right, but check your LAN IP and make sure it matches the one you setup in your last screenshot. Sometimes windows will restart with a different IP and foul up your port settings.

Also if bitcomet starts with windows it may fail the port check before your router has time to open the port, but if you "right click" on the yellow light you can test again and see if it then reads as open.

When your light is yellow, retest it and see if it changes to green, if not, make sure your LAN IP in windows matches the IP in your port forwarding setup. I also recommend you test the port manually using "canyouseeme.org", if they cannot see you when your listening port is tested while bitcomet is running, then something is blocking your incoming connections.

I'm also concerned why you have your upload set at 10KB/s, with such a low setting you won't be very successful at gathering peers. Ideally you want this setting at about 80% of your max upload.

When your light is yellow, retest it and see if it changes to green, if not, make sure your LAN IP in windows matches the IP in your port forwarding setup. I also recommend you test the port manually using "canyouseeme.org", if they cannot see you when your listening port is tested while bitcomet is running, then something is blocking your incoming connections.

I'm also concerned why you have your upload set at 10KB/s, with such a low setting you won't be very successful at gathering peers. Ideally you want this setting at about 80% of your max upload.

I tried re-checking port .. LAN IP

canyouseeme said " Error : I cannot see you .. connection time out

I set upload at 10kb/s because as soon as I start bitcomet it starts uploading things I have no idea what they are which makes my connection very slow even when I have no tasks

can this be helpful ?

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]

Copyright © 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Najjar>ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Najjar-PC

Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :

Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid

IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection 2:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : E2-F8-DA-9C-FE-9D

DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes

Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 78-2B-CB-F5-33-B3

DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::f4c8:cb3:e857:a6bc%13(Preferred)

IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.10(Preferred)

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : fe80::1%13

DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 343419851

DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-1F-16-8E-BE-C0-F8-DA-9C-FE-9D

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : fe80::1%13

NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Dell Wireless 1702 802.11b/g/n

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : C0-F8-DA-9C-FE-9D

DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes

Tunnel adapter isatap.{0DD17240-82B3-421C-9237-30B2C91A843E}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0

Tunnel adapter isatap.{F78CC793-5306-418E-9C06-387A44D608A1}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2

Tunnel adapter isatap.{D8929427-93BC-49A6-A6B5-FCA7E208C216}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #3

C:\Users\Najjar>

one another thing .. i noticed that when i use canyouseeme it takes my puplic IP as :10.130.182.xxx

and when i use another tools the public IP is : 5.0.219.xxx

!!!

The IP that shows in the forum is your 5.0.219.xxx. Are you using some type of VPN or multiple internet connections?

I set upload at 10kb/s because as soon as I start bitcomet it starts uploading things I have no idea what they are which makes my connection very slow even when I have no tasks

The initial upload is connection to check your port, also logging into comet ID, then after some time it will begin LTseeding, but only if there is unused bandwidth. We recommend limiting your upload to 80% of your confirmed (tested) max so you'll always have 20% available and to allow for timely communication, but if you restrict it too much you will be seen as a very slow peer and matched with other slow peers, plus it would take you a very long time to fully seed you torrents and for torrents to continue staying active you need to upload an average of about 1.1 share ratio on each. If peers don't seed, torrents won't exist.

I don,t use vpn and my only connection is 1MB\s ADSL !!!

as much as i love seeding .. but I cant browse anything when i just open bitcomet and i stars uploading things which i dont know what they are

thats another problem i have with bitcomet ..

even when i uninstalled 1.40 and installed the 1.42 and there was not tasks at all it started uploaing God only knows what

...my only connection is 1MB\s ADSL !!!

Are you sure that your connection is of 1 MegaByte (MB)? Could it be 1 Megabit (Mb), instead? I ask because most ISPs will advertise their speed in "megas" (to make it sound much more speedy) although their units of measurement are in bits (the smallest) instead of Bytes (the most common units of measurement...where 1MegaByte = 8 Megabits).. all of this, of course, although it may sound as "misleading", is completely legal.

Have you performed a speed test? If not, why don't you do so (actually do a few of them, at different times of the day, on different days) and let us know what they are (make sure that nothing else is using the Internet, while performing the tests)...this will give you a real indication of your connection's speed (not what your ISP advertises)?

www.speedtest.net

I explained what the upload is, and it's also optional so you can turn it off, however it's these enhancements that make BitComet great and the small cost in bandwidth is well worth the benefit. If you don't want any of these options on, disable the options under "services", disable cometID, and the port check. The light will still turn green eventually if remote peers connect.

As for the IP issue, I think that is the first thing to check. Something very odd going on there.