To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Download Works But Upload Does Not

Hi folks,

I've been using torrent sites for years but never run into this before. On my new PC, I am using Bit Comet & successfully downloading, but not uploading, to any of my subscribed sites. I'm starting to get worried about share ratios since I am not putting anything back out there. Luckily they are robust right now but noticeably dwindling.

Although I have used these for years I'm not very savvy about the setup... my old PC & tracker just did it. I'm sure it is some simple setting I need to fix, is anyone willing to help from a very high level "explain to a 4 year old" way?

I'll be very grateful.

Thanks,

Bob

1) What version of BitComet are you using? 64-bit ver 1.41

2) What type of Internet connection do you have (3G , ADSL 3 Mbs, Optical Fiber, etc.)? Uverse high speed internet up to 12MB, hard line connection

3) Do you have a modem (Make and Model required)? Do you use a router (Make and Model required)? If so, have you forwarded your port? Do you have any VoIP or telephone devices connected? 2Wire Router 3800hgv-8. I have not forwarded my port which may be the problem. No phone connection

4) If you have more than one router, be sure to mention the make and model of both devices, how are they connected (i.e. in which connector of both devices is the network cable plugged) and which one of the devices is connected to or is the modem.

Also, if you have more than one computer make sure to mention in this case, to which router is every one of them connected. N/A

5) What version of Windows, Firewall and Antivirus do you use? Is your Windows 32 bit or 64 bit? 64 Bit Windows 10, TrendMicro, 64bit.

6) Are you using any type of IP filtering or protection software like Peerblock or ProtoWall? No

7) If you are asking about a specific torrent or file that you have downloaded, make sure that you include the complete torrent name, as well as the complete names of the files and their respective extensions/formats (e.g.: .rar, .wma, .bin, .cue, etc.). N/A

8) For speed-related issues, please run various speed tests at a site such as speedtest.net (make sure that no other computer is using your Internet connection and that all other programs - including BitComet - are closed, during the tests). Include the results, along with the settings that you are presently using, in your post, so that we may review and offer suggestions to improve its performance. N/A

In case it's worth mentioning - I have used the tool at PortForward.com and confirmed that it cannot see me. However I have not been able to figure out what to do to fix this. Specific advice on port forwarding would be appreciated, that seems to be my next step.

Edited by bob_burns (see edit history)