To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Listen port, Virgin Superhub 3

Hi all, long time Bitcomet user recently switched to Virgin and cannot download due to the listen port being blocked, I have looked around and cannot find the answer so posting, sorry if it has been covered before but anything I found did not solve my issue.

Have looked at the requirements for posting, provided the relative ones, if not answered then not relevant i.e no IP filtering used so not answered,

Using Bitcomet version 1.42

Have Virgin Media 100Mbps, so have fiber I believe.

No phone connected, have the Virgin SuperHub 3, have logged into the hub, tried to add port forwarding but it asks for an external port start and end (no idea what to put here?) added some test ports and this did not solve it.

Windows 8, Mcafee total protection, this was installed prior to the Virgin switch so believe it is a hub issue not anti virus

Hope this is all ok and within the requirements to get some help, dying to get this resolved!

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Set your computer to a fixed IP (192.168.0.##) with gateway 192.168.0.1 and DNS servers at 194.168.4.100 and 194.168.8.100. Then set the ports in the router to whatever number you want for the IP address you choose.