To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Tasks left overnight slow down to 0kb by morning

Hi there! I am having a strange issue lately where all of my torrent tasks sit at 0kb/s and none of them will do anything.

I have a good number of healthy torrents, all of which I leave to download and seed. For the last few days, when I check them in the morning they're all sitting at 0kb/s download speed. The only way to fix this issue I've found is to shut down BitComet, restart it (which takes upwards of five minutes to load on an i7-4790k with 16g ram on Win10) - I have to then highlight them all, right-click and hit start because even at that point, they all just have green circle indicator icons and will do nothing until they're manually started.

So that's the issue: All my torrents slow down to zero and I have to manually restart them all. Little help? :)

post-172556-0-82271400-1473344395.jpg

I can't seem to find a USB event viewer that will allow me to see what exactly is happening with all of those connect/disconnect sounds. I see info regarding devices I've physically plugged in or unplugged, but these particular sounds are not appearing as anything on the list.

I'll just wait and see what the community has to say about this...

None of your unfinished tasks appear to have any seeds, so probably dead torrents, but at least one of your completed tasks appears to be uploading.

If there was a problem with your usb drive you would likely see a red X on the task.

None of your unfinished tasks appear to have any seeds, so probably dead torrents, but at least one of your completed tasks appears to be uploading.

If there was a problem with your usb drive you would likely see a red X on the task.

I did notice that, too. If a torrent on a tracking site lists a certain number of seeders, is that always accurate? Granted, some of the torrents I'm downloading only appeared to have one or two active seeders, but sometimes I've noticed that BitComet reports different figures on that.

The stats on torrent sites are rarely accurate, bitcomet stats for seeds should be accurate, but the peers numbers could be inflated because if one peer leaves and returns using a different port or IP, it will list the same peer more than once. Also note that you must be connected to at least one working tracker or dht for the peers to be displayed.

The health is determined by the number of seeds, to improve the health each person who downloads the task should refrain from disabling files within the torrent and continue to seed the torrent after it completes.

When the health suddenly drops it's usually because peers have stopped the task or your connection to them was interrupted.