To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

How can I stop uploading completely??

Worth50

Hi everyone,

I have a request in BitComet program that i want to stop uploading completely.

I know that downloading speed depending on uploading speed but I want really to stop uploading for something i want.

I tried to stop this at my version but i can't.

Are there anybody know how to stop uploading?

I am waiting for your replies

WoRtH 50

I have a request in BitComet program that i want to stop uploading completely. - WoRtH 50

i for one do not know how. and i would say, shame on anyone that does. torrents are all about sharing and if you're just going to leech only, i say you shouldn't be allowed. but that's just my opinion.

Your question is remarkably unclear and could be taken several different ways. Why don't you try writing a clear explanation of what the problem is and what you want to do?

Your question is remarkably unclear and could be taken several different ways. Why don't you try writing a clear explanation of what the problem is and what you want to do?

I think if you wouldnt try to read into things so hard like you are a great mind or something it would be easy.

" really really smart people dont have any common sense"

But to answer your question about uploading just goto options then preferences and change your global max upload rate to 1kb . 1kb wont even make a dent in your download bandwidth. but beware if you connect to some trackers with the same ip and dont share, your download will suck or it wont download at all.

• 10 years later...

This is the best you can do, while open, open options, under connection you will see Global Max Upload Rate:, now, you can lower this to 10 kb/s, which is the best way to what you want, but i warn you, when i tried it it lowered my download rate aswell so maybe leaving it alone would be best. 

Options Menu.JPG

On ‎30‎/‎07‎/‎2006 at 1:27 AM, TKO said:

i for one do not know how. and i would say, shame on anyone that does. torrents are all about sharing and if you're just going to leech only, i say you shouldn't be allowed. but that's just my opinion.

well said

I try and share 10x

Please understand that if others did as suggested here there would be no torrents at all, also if you reduce your upload you will only get peers with slow upload since the protocol is designed to connect each peer with others that are capable of the same level of upload.

If you are concerned about how it affects your internet, then test your max upload speed (with bitcomet off) and adjust your global max upload rate to 80% of your tested upload rate.