To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Can't connect tracker (10061)

castro19

I was downloading a file and it all went really well and then suddenly the speed and health both dropped to 0, if I look at the site where I found the torrent it still has 8000+ seeds...

So the tracker can't connect but DHT Network is doing fine, my download has now stopped at 91%...

I've noticed I have one of the "problem" routers which is WRT54G, but it seemed to be working fine until this...I've done port forwarding for BitComet..

I'm using Win 2000, Zonealarm, P2...

The error indicates that you're not connecting to the tracker, which would account for some of it. DHT works only for those torrents it's enabled on by the creator, and you can't override their choice. Many private trackers insist that it be disabled for any torrent uploaded to them.

The health issue is very likely to be closely coupled- no connection to the tracker, hence no swarm members, so no health. The number of swarm members shown on any website is always at some point in the past, maybe long past. It's your client, successfully connecting to the tracker, which is the definitive answer on the status of the swarm now.

The error code is a winsock code. In this case, the connection was refused by the server, which might indicate a temporary glitch or a longer-term problem. It can happen for a whole host of reasons. Best bet is to simply wait and hope it gets fixed.