To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

How to download video from youtube, ifilm, etc.

admin

Hi! If you only wanted to play the file, you can open it within the window of BitComet which can play almost any types of files. If you wanted to convert the file, I am sorry I can not help. :(

Thanks! But I would like to have the file and not depend of Bitcomet to open it...does anyone know in what extension the file is downloaded?

The youtube files I've seen so far were all .flv files, or should have been, so try that extension if there isn't one. Super seems to work fine if you use ffmpeg, but not mencoder. I was converting to XVid, so your mileage may vary if you're doing something else.

The youtube files I've seen so far were all .flv files, or should have been, so try that extension if there isn't one. Super seems to work fine if you use ffmpeg, but not mencoder. I was converting to XVid, so your mileage may vary if you're doing something else.

Thank you and sorry for being this difficult, lol :(

I changed to ffmpeg but I keep getting two kind of error messages - depending on wether I did or didn't check "DirectShow"...is there some kind of codec I should download to be able to convert/read the file?

post-20464-1165661782.jpg

post-20464-1165661807.jpg

Yeah, Super shows that for any error, whether the whole notion of DirectShow is relevant to it or not, and it's usually not.

I'd suggest the XVid codec, which you can get as part of the CCCP. At least it has worked for me.

I was afraid you'd say that. I have something blocking youtube in IE7 when I went to test this video download feature. And since I have a lot of security programs its a real pain to figure out.

I have been using Youtube for some time with absolutely no problems (Using IE7). Then about a week or two ago (about the same time as your post), it started playing up. The top of the page would load and the title of the video would load, but nothing more. If I clicked 'refresh' a few times, it would eventually load, which became most annoying. But now, within the last week, it all seems to be working ok again.

Did you ever resolve your problem?

Thanks! But I would like to have the file and not depend of Bitcomet to open it...does anyone know in what extension the file is downloaded?

In my experience, with the new 'download all videos' feature of bitcomet. The file should be downloaded with a .flv extension. If it isn't, it probably has NO extension and you just need to rename it to <FILENAME> + .flv , then associate .flv extension with VLC player. Double clicking on the file in 'my computer' or windows explorer (I use 2xExplorer, it's great) will show the video completely independantly from bitcomet.

In my experience, with the new 'download all videos' feature of bitcomet. The file should be downloaded with a .flv extension. If it isn't, it probably has NO extension and you just need to rename it to <FILENAME> + .flv , then associate .flv extension with VLC player. Double clicking on the file in 'my computer' or windows explorer (I use 2xExplorer, it's great) will show the video completely independantly from bitcomet.

This might be my last attempt on this :lol:

How do I associate .flv with VLC player?

I'd be happy to find I'm wrong about this, but I don't think you want to, maira.vannucci. Try dropping an .flv file onto VLC. It should start playing if it's a supported filetype, but it doesn't.

As far as I can tell (though I haven't really looked hard enough), VLC does not support .flv, so you don't want to associate it with the filetype. So if you want to use VLC, your best option is to convert it.

When Super works, it's great, but when it doesn't, trying to get help seems futile. Digital Digest has an article on doing the conversion with VirtualDub, which you can find here:

http://www.digital-digest.com/articles/FLV...uide_page1.html

I just posted links to download BitComets new "FLV" player.

Please also note, that many sites, such as "youtube" do not provide the .flv extension with the video when you download it, so you will need to add that to the file name.

Example, name "video" as "video.flv"

I also recommend that you enable viewing of file extensions in windows

I posted a guide regarding this.

Suspect

Why is it whenever I double click the video I want to play, nothing happens? When I click "Open Dir", it asks me what do I want to use to view the video, but I cant view it using Windows Media or Winamp. :(

Winamp is horrible for playing video period. As for WMP download CCCP and click Media Player Classic during install. This will add all the filters for WMP and give you a smaller back up player as well. Click the bottom image in my sig for CCCP's website.

THANK YOU THANK YOU !! :D

• 3 weeks later...

this happens to me too (after i right click and select download all video, the select URL window comes up, but there is nothing in it to select). but this occured to me before few days. i already download from you tube with no problem, and now this happens. i have bit comet 0.81 and ie 7. i repeat, when i download it eralier, everything went well.

Just thought it might be interesting for you to know, last night I used mozilla's new seamonkey browser suite and had no problems loading the downloads to bitcomet. Firefox might not work but seamonkey does. I tried it because I cannot stand IE.

If there is no “Download videos using BitComet” when you right-click on the page, you should make sure the following points:

A: Is your BitComet the latest version? Please visit www.bitcomet.com to get the latest one. Now it is v.79.

B: Is the explorer you are using the Microsoft Internet Explorer? Any other explorer such as FireFox is not supported yet.

C: Are you clicking on the right position? Clicking on a video, picture in the page will give you a different result. In this case, you’d better move your mouse to try some other positions.

Notes: To enable this download, you should update your BitComet to version .79 which could be download here:www.bitcomet.com. Also only the I.E. is supported. I am sorry for ppls who are using FireFox.

I am sorry for special_brew and Meverick. I had to delete your replies because I wanted my download guide be the first reply to this post.

How to download video from youtube, ifilm, ........ Please see the guide herein.

A. Install BitComet on your PC. You can download a BitComet here:http://www.bitcomet.com

B. Open a page including at least one video.

C. Right-click on the page and select "Download videos using BitComet"

post-2-1164970179.gif

D. Select the video you want to download and click "OK"

post-2-1164970415.gif

E. Modify the download information if you like and click "OK" to start your the video download

post-2-1164970445.gif

These are all you need to do to download videos from these sites. If you have any questions related to video download, Post it here. We are glad to help you with your problem.

From your posts, I am glad to see some guys have downloaded flv files with BitComet successfully. Congratulations! But another questions is how to play the file. I have a good news to tell you. The BitComet itself supports playing flv files.

After your download finished, double-click the flv file within the BitComet windows, then the BitComet will play the video for you.

hi .. i just heard abot .79 bitcomet version .. and i dled .81 .. i can dl clips from video.google realli fine .. but i cant dl from youtube .. can sumone help meh?

when i right clik on utube .. i see DOWNLOAD ALL VIDEOS .. but whne i clik on it .. the box appears .. but no link are available for dl ... when i clik on DOWNLOAD ALL FILES .. links appear .. but they dont have the libnk of the video

1-2.jpg

2.jpg

You said

"A. Install BitComet on your PC. You can download a BitComet here:http://www.bitcomet.com

B. Open a page including at least one video.

C. Right-click on the page and select "Download videos using BitComet"

D. Select the video you want to download and click "OK"

E. Modify the download information if you like and click "OK" to start your the video download

These are all you need to do to download videos from these sites. If you have any questions related to video download, Post it here. We are glad to help you with your problem."

But when I do that, no video links are there. >< Please help

I'm having the same trouble downloading as musicxluver and theoracle62. I have Windows XP, Internet Explorer browser, and BitComet 0.81. Here's my /exact/ steps I'm taking:

1. I found a video and hit 'download all videos using BitComet'.

2. This takes me to the BitComet window with a seperate window for selecting the files. There is nothing to select in that box, as musicxluver pointed out in the screenshot.

Though, unlike musicxluver, I do not have the option of 'download all with BitComet'.

If you can help at all, thank you kindly. ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

I also have a problem. Alright I did everything you said first of all.

Second, I try to double click to play but it won't let me and right next to the download is a link to youtube. How can I get this to work without depending on the link?

I have 0.82 and I have internet explorer.

Uploaded picture shows my problem.

post-25636-1170156504.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi ppl.

im using bitcomet 0.84.

kinda havin probs wif the video dl frm www.youtube.com

whenever i right click a video to dl it using bitcomet.

the window tt pops out shows the url of the file and all.

but the file size is like 16.27kb.

after the dl i tried to play it usin vlc or the bitcomet's player function.

it shows a error tt it is nt a supported file format.

:(

• 1 month later...