To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

How to download video from youtube, ifilm, etc.

admin

If there is no “Download videos using BitComet” when you right-click on the page, you should make sure the following points:

A: Is your BitComet the latest version? Please visit www.bitcomet.com to get the latest one. Now it is v.79.

B: Is the explorer you are using the Microsoft Internet Explorer? Any other explorer such as FireFox is not supported yet.

C: Are you clicking on the right position? Clicking on a video, picture in the page will give you a different result. In this case, you’d better move your mouse to try some other positions.

Notes: To enable this download, you should update your BitComet to version .79 which could be download here:www.bitcomet.com. Also only the I.E. is supported. I am sorry for ppls who are using FireFox.

I am sorry for special_brew and Meverick. I had to delete your replies because I wanted my download guide be the first reply to this post.

How to download video from youtube, ifilm, ........ Please see the guide herein.

A. Install BitComet on your PC. You can download a BitComet here:http://www.bitcomet.com

B. Open a page including at least one video.

C. Right-click on the page and select "Download videos using BitComet"

post-2-1164970179.gif

D. Select the video you want to download and click "OK"

post-2-1164970415.gif

E. Modify the download information if you like and click "OK" to start your the video download

post-2-1164970445.gif

These are all you need to do to download videos from these sites. If you have any questions related to video download, Post it here. We are glad to help you with your problem.

From your posts, I am glad to see some guys have downloaded flv files with BitComet successfully. Congratulations! But another questions is how to play the file. I have a good news to tell you. The BitComet itself supports playing flv files.

After your download finished, double-click the flv file within the BitComet windows, then the BitComet will play the video for you.

when i right- clicked, 'download all videos using bitcomet' does not exist

arghh HELP~~

Hi, I am so sorry I didn't write clearly. To enable this download, you should update your BitComet to version .79 which could be download here:www.bitcomet.com. Also only the I.E. is supported.

Edited by aimee (see edit history)

Also tried it on youtube but when I right click I don't have any options for Bitcomet.

I have bitcomet .70 installed, IE 7, mozilla firefox browsers.

untitledge5.png

Hi, I am so sorry I didn't write clearly. To enable this download, you should update your BitComet to version .79 which could be download here:www.bitcomet.com. Also only the I.E. is supported.

After downloading from youtube, I've got a file 8.6MB, but it's not in video format.

The file can not be opened with windows media player nor real player.

How do I fix that???

After your download finished, double-click the flv file within the BitComet windows, then the BitComet will play the video for you.

Ok I managed to download a video from you tube but it was a .flv file which is no good to me..

I need the file to be a .swf file. Any help?

From what I know, you can't do anything with a .flv file..

After downloading from youtube, I've got a file 8.6MB, but it's not in video format.

The file can not be opened with windows media player nor real player.

How do I fix that???

v_man722, you can use flv player or vlc player, i prefer vlc.

http://www.videolan.org/

After your download finished, double-click the flv file within the BitComet windows, then the BitComet will play the video for you. So you need not to install anything else into your PC.

hmm, I just realized that i posted a link to an external site. I forget if that is allowed at this forum, please delete my post if it is against the rules and let me know. However i will read the rules over again in a little while. Thanks.

It dosen't matter. :) But BitComet can do what a flv. player can. So you needn't download another software to play the flv.

Hi I am using BitComet 0.79 Stable and firefox 2, but the option does not come up for me on youtube to download videos. Does anyone know whats wrong?

Same here someone please help. <_<

You should convert to Microsoft I.E. to enalbe the download. I am sorry BitComet does not support FireFox.

The video downloader is a feature recently added to the new client.

Please note that version .79 has to be "installed" for this to appear in your "right click" menu, so running the "green" (no installation) version won't have that menu.

Suspect

Hey I have the same problem and im using the .79 version...whenever I right-click the bitcomet download thing you said doesn't appear...

Please see this to get your answer:http://forums.bitcomet.com/index.php?s=&am...ost&p=17379.

Post again if your problem can not be solved after reading this post.

as for having .flv files, these are easily converted using "super" (google it with .fl i,e "super .flv" ) it will convert it into basically anything you want, you can even choose which audio type you want, from .3gp - sony psp audio, then you can choose your video type, and your set :D

Just got this myself.If you download Super and would like a tutorial click here.

Man ... the only time i get to post the first reply and it gets deleted !!! lol

Still, I downloaded bitcomet 0.79 and sure enough i got the context menu that allows downloading of videos (or other files).

The only 'slight' glitch. Sometimes the files download as .flv and sometimes with no extension. VLC seems to play everything OK though, however you open them or rename them.

The 'download all links' is a nice feature too. I used to have a similar feature on the download manager Netants, but my spyware program was always warning me about 'data miners' in Netants, so I deleted it. My daughter is away travelling and is posting loads of photos to her blog. It's such a pain having to open and save every individual photo. Now I don't have to. :)

So thanks to the developers for these nice features

I am glad you like the software. You can play any media files just with BitComet. It is a new feature too. All you have to do is to open the file within the window of BitComet. And, we have recorded your "slight glitch" and will check it.

I still need some help, you guys...

I've updated my Bitcomet to 0.79, downloaded a video fom youtube, tried to convert it using Super and...that's as far as I've gone LOL

When I try converting, it says it may not be valid media file...do I need to rename the file or just convert it as it came from Bitcomet? I've tried both and got the same end. :blink:

Thanks a lot for this feature and for any help :)

Hi! If you only wanted to play the file, you can open it within the window of BitComet which can play almost any types of files. If you wanted to convert the file, I am sorry I can not help. :(