To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Post Requests/updates for guides

Soraiya

"New to BitTorrent" guide has Seedler within the list of search engines. Regretfully, Seedler - my favourite torrent site - is down for more than 2 weeks (as of now). Considering issues with TPB, maybe it's better not to give people the list (as it is a subject to change), but let them google instead? I've just asked google for "torrent search", and all major torrent relating sites are within first 4-5 pages of results.

Hi Const2k,

Yes lol, I was also under Seedler's staff XD Hence the reason why I used that as the guide. In fact this guide was originally posted at that site's forum.

Anyways, I agree ^^ I'll change it in the guide. Thanks for the update!

I'll use screenshots from another torrent search engine soon. Since I'm also focusing on speed guides now.

hi i'd just like to know if there are any more tips on how to up your speeds in bitcomet or just in general

i've already done the portforwarding and set up my static ip

but i'm still only getting about 25KB/s

please someone help me!?

Um...as for that I'm also creating a speed guide with the BitComet team which is separate to BitDave's guide. Some things will be the same, or perhaps in a much greater depth.

Have you also limited your Upload Limit to 80% of your Max Upload speed? Also, joining Private Trackers also help alot!

• 3 months later...

I am surprised that there are no explainations about the fields/columns in BitComet such as Seed/Peer[All], U/D Ratio, Health. They are important for users to know what they are.

I think it is also nice to include a section about seeding such as the need to seed after download is complete, which fields are used to determine when it is okay to stop seeding, how to seed after removing the task etc. After using BitComet for 2 months, I notice that not many people do seeding. I bet some of them not even know what is seeding and not realize they should seed after download is complete (they just want to watch the latest movie!). There are people who choose not to seed because they think there is no need for them to do so when the torrent has lots of seeds and peers. This bad habit would be deadly when the torrent has only a few peers. There will be no complete copy if they do not seed. Users should be educated about the need to seed and the consequences of their actions.

The things that I just mention can be found in the forum if people care to dig deep. That's how I learn. But the information is important enough for me to think that it should be included in the FAQ/guides.

K.C