Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'hash'.
Found 2 results
[Synopsis] As BitComet downloads, it produces disk read activity at the same speed as download speed at that time. [Setup] BitCometBeta 20191225 [Steps to reproduce] 1. Set upload speed limit to a very low value such as 10KiB/s; 2. Download a popular torrent with BitComet; 3. Observe disk activity with any monitoring tool, such as perfmon or HWiNFO; 4. Repeat the above steps with qBitorrrent 220.127.116.11 and uTorrent 2.2.1. [Actual behaviour] As BitComet downloads, it produces disk read activity at the same speed as download speed at that time. As shown in the perfmon screenshot below, the red line(Disk Read Bytes/sec) is almost overlapping with the yellow line(Disk Write Bytes/sec) [Expected behaviour] BitComet should not produce disk read activity at the same speed as download speed. The disk I/O rate graph should look like this: (qBittorrent 18.104.22.168) Notice that the the red line(Disk Read Bytes/sec) stays near the bottom. Or this: (uTorrent 2.2.1) Notice that the the red line(Disk Read Bytes/sec) stays near the bottom. [Uneducated guesses] uTorrent has an advanced option named diskio.smart_hash enabling piece hash calculation from cache before a finished piece is written to disk, thus avoiding re-reading the same piece back from the disk. I wonder if it's related or not? If BitComet does not possess a similar feature it would most probably cause the above described behaviour. Thank in advance!
Hi....I have been a bitcomet user for many years. Recently I ran into a hash checking problem--- hash check always hangs at 0.3%.CPU works like mad till the fan roars. Attempting any further action freezes Bitcomet. I tried the following Moving the file to a different physical drive and hashing again > same probelm downloading a torrent file instead of using magnet link, hash again > same problem tried on 1.31 x86 and x64, 1.29 x86, all having same result **Used uTorrent and it hashed perfectly to 99.8%, finished the download eventually Tried hashing the file (finished by utorrent) using bitcomet, hangs at 0.3% still Bitcomet has been my client of choice and i really hope the staff could look into it. Thanks!