To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Problema Señores

Donde

Alright well another problem has arised. Well basically u know I had an older version of MPCStar, everything fine and dandy worked like magic. Then I had updated to this newer version of it and stuff went down the crapper. It wouldnt open a type of file, but everyone here helped me into getting that type of file to play again so u know problem solved.

Now I dont know if any of you are familiar with VirtualDub but im almost 100% sure u all are. Anyways Basically this thing needs a codec to decompress stuff w.e it does. And here it needs the Xvid codec. Now having an ffdshow package like the one provided with MPCStar should cover this. And it did when I had my older version of MPCStar installed but now it seems that isnt going down the same way it did with my older version.

So my question is, should I have something checked or switched something else in my ffdshow codec config? Because virtualdub is still the same since I had my older version of MPCStar, it worked welll. But now since I updated my MPCStar it seems virtualdub cant locate the xvid codec from it.

Or would this be a problem on virtualdub even though its the same one and not updated since I had my old version of MPCStar?

Edited by Donde (see edit history)

... but now it seems that isnt going down the same way it did with my older version.

What error message do you get?

I'm not aware of any modality to configure the vfw (video for windows) options of ffdshow through the front-ends provided by MPCStar player even though the files are in the directory, since those front-ends are just for DShow codecs. You could reinstall the standalone version of ffdshow and you will have, if I remember right, to check the options for vfw and VirtualDub when installing and after that from the Start menu access and verify that ffdshow is enabled for vfw xvid.

Or you can just install the standalone xvid which has its own vfw front-end (this is the way I have it).

I get the:

"Couldnt locate decompressor for format 'XVID' (unknown)"

What error message do you get?

I'm not aware of any modality to configure the vfw (video for windows) options of ffdshow through the front-ends provided by MPCStar player even though the files are in the directory, since those front-ends are just for DShow codecs. You could reinstall the standalone version of ffdshow and you will have, if I remember right, to check the options for vfw and VirtualDub when installing and after that from the Start menu access and verify that ffdshow is enabled for vfw xvid.

Do u mean enable the codec thats vfw xvid or enable the vfw to xvid?

Cus if there is a vfw xvid codec would u mind pointing it out in the ffdshow, im aware of the vfw codec but cant seem to recall if there was a vfw xvid one.

Or you can just install the standalone xvid which has its own vfw front-end (this is the way I have it).

Yeah if I cant get it to work with the ffdshow then I guess ima have to resort to that.

You need to install the standalone version of ffdshow in order to gain access to the VFW user interface for ffdshow. That is, basically, even though the files are present in the MPCStar installation of ffdshow, if for some reason (as in your case) the vfw codecs are unregistered from Windows, you need an interface to enable them again. You gain access to that interface by installing the standalone ffdshow.

While installing just check the VFW and VirtualDub options. After installing check if it works and if it doesn't, open the VFW interface and just make sure that xvid is enabled.

Alright, so can I use the MPCStars ffdshow or will I have to find one by itself without MPCStar? If so which ffdshow would you recommend (if there is more than one out there)

And btw how does the standalone xvid effect ur computer? will mpcstars xvid codec still function the same way if theres a seperate standalone codec installed in the computer?

The ffdshow integrated in MPCStar is not standalone because... it's integrated. ;)

Use ffdshow tryouts.

If you install XviD standalone it shouldn't interfere with ffdshow. Usually they are smart enough to give way one to each other. Besides, in ffdshow video configuration window you can choose which decoder it uses for xvid. Usually it's libavcodec but if you encounter problems, just disable xvid decoding for ffdshow.

The ffdshow integrated in MPCStar is not standalone because... it's integrated. ;)

Use ffdshow tryouts.

Thanx.

If you install XviD standalone it shouldn't interfere with ffdshow. Usually they are smart enough to give way one to each other. Besides, in ffdshow video configuration window you can choose which decoder it uses for xvid. Usually it's libavcodec but if you encounter problems, just disable xvid decoding for ffdshow.

Btw would you mind suggesting a standalone Xvid codec or better yet the one u got installed, or is urs Koepi's Xvid Codec as well?