To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Help... Mpcstar doesn't play any sound

E2DDoll

After I muted a video, when I opened a video later with mpcstar, it doesn't play any sound although I switched off the mute sound and increased the volume to 100%.

Actually similar thing happened in the past when I'm using Window XP, if I'm not mistaken when I muted or set to volume 0%, one of the volume in volume panel down to 0% so I set it back to 100% and I can hear sound.

But now I'm using Window 7 and I'm still not familiar with Window 7 yet, can I solve this problem with similar method or what?

My English is not so good, sorry

What should I do? Help! please ):

Edited by E2DDoll (see edit history)

Oh, forget to mention. If I'm not mistaken it should be 4.7 and it was working normally until I mute the sound. I tried to fix it by upgrading it to 4.9 but nothing changes. I even uninstall and reinstall an older version, still I can't hear any sound. I can play the same video with other video player normally and smoothly. :(

Edited by E2DDoll (see edit history)

:blink:

Yay! The problem solved. It's the second time I restart the comp. I installed Real Player SP before the second restart... Is it related...?

The video I muted is a flash game I downloaded using BitComet Video Downloader add on for Firefox & Cometbird. I searched for that flash file, and open and then there's sound... even after I unmute it again.

:D :D :D

• 2 weeks later...

I’m facing the same problem

(playing videos in MPCStar 4.9 doesn’t give a Audio output since I muted a video once, though audio frequency is still shown in Volume Mixer of windows sound but not in the main volume). I don’t want to install any other app’s as you have installed Real Player SP. I love all my videos viewing on MPCStar only.

Please HELP!!. Attached the screen shot of the player, volume mixer, and system info.

post-58810-1286036942057.jpg