To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

(Malaysia) download speed slow these days?

exia

It would be really great if this ISP lost all their customers over this.

Agreed, I tried searching options for a better ISP but for my location there's just nothing better.

Those closer to the capital have better luck.

Few hours ago, after a week long of throttled DL/UL, it seems back to normal, no idea how long it'll last tho.

Checked with local forums, seems like some experienced the throttling before I did whilst few had their service back to normal few days ago.

Some were fed up much earlier and went to subscribe VPN services. I did try out some VPN, healthy torrents work fine but LT seeding doesn't

work with it, uploading speed is capped ( I don't quite understand why if I am willing to forgo DL speed (drops to 0), UL speed can go beyond the

limit of what I've subscribed to) at my subscription limit.

Will report back if there is any change.

I'm going to edit the title of this topic so we can keep the discussion focused on Malaysia issues, since most of the members replying are a result of this throttling.

ps. If it suddenly improved, I suspect the ISP got tired of constant complaints, so I suggest you call to complain any time the service is poor, maybe they will think twice before imposing this on paying customers.

Agreed, I tried searching options for a better ISP but for my location there's just nothing better.

Those closer to the capital have better luck.

Few hours ago, after a week long of throttled DL/UL, it seems back to normal, no idea how long it'll last tho.

Checked with local forums, seems like some experienced the throttling before I did whilst few had their service back to normal few days ago.

Some were fed up much earlier and went to subscribe VPN services. I did try out some VPN, healthy torrents work fine but LT seeding doesn't

work with it, uploading speed is capped ( I don't quite understand why if I am willing to forgo DL speed (drops to 0), UL speed can go beyond the

limit of what I've subscribed to) at my subscription limit.

Will report back if there is any change.

yea u right, even with VPN there is no LT seed. damn this isp. but man, only this isp we got in malaysia. failed lol

ok my speed also back to normal but i found out 1 more thing on the files option on the torrent task ed2k link there if no speed it normally is "click to add" if got speed than normally got a ed2k link there but as far as i know ed2k link is for e-donkey it did not link to LT seed dont know why "no ed2k link no LT seed"

ok my speed also back to normal but i found out 1 more thing on the files option on the torrent task ed2k link there if no speed it normally is "click to add" if got speed than normally got a ed2k link there but as far as i know ed2k link is for e-donkey it did not link to LT seed dont know why "no ed2k link no LT seed"

The ed2k links are provided by the comet ID servers, if you cannot connect to the servers, then you won't get LTseed peers, or ed2k sources, so perhaps your isp was blocking those connections.

Glad it's resolved though.

The E2DK links and LTS sources appear in the Files tab only if there was a previous BitComet client which had finished downloading that torrent, before you.

Once it finishes, the BC client calculates the file hashes and reports them back to the Comet server. After that, any other BC client which tries to download that torrent later, will be able to use the LTS and E2DK links to find additional sources of download (in the LT-Seeding and eDonkey networks).

But if no BC client has FINISHED downloading the whole torrent before you (or if it had LTS and eMule disabled or DHT disabled) then you will not see any LTS and E2DK resources, and that's when "Click to add" appears.

• 2 weeks later...

I am also form Malaysia too. This days, Bitcomet is very slow. I don't have

much problem with Win XP, but since I recently aquire a Window 7 64 bits

notebook. I have been getting a few teething problem, like Bitcomet

having a configaration problem with Macfee. Also on the Browser Firefox.

I am trying ways to ratify it, because I am retiree and have plenty of spare

time. If anyone can help me to ratify these problem, it will be a big help

and have to say 'Thank you'. :rolleyes:

Edited by DTeng (see edit history)

Hm i'm pretty sure there's a choking applied by the streamyx isp. I have subscribed to 2 isp, streamyx and P1. So far the issue virtually doesnt exist when connected with P1. In fact the speed is sometime beyond 100kbps for each download for the same torrent file. The only downside is that P1 subscription has a capped usage. Both of my subscription are basic package.

Need some feedback if any of the unifi user experiencing this as well.