Comet Forums
steve1957

Torrent file opening failed

I am getting this error message "torrent file opening failed" from a number of different sites I have previously had no trouble downloading from. I use Internet Explorer and have the up to date Bitcoment software please help.

Are you trying to open the torrents in your browser? if so, try opening them from within bitcomet and let us know if that works.

The problem is when I am in a torrent site and try to open a torrent file while in my browser the Bitcomet program opens and I get the message torrent file opening failed. If I am in the Bitcomet program I can open existing files on my downloading list,

Can you make a screenshot of the error message, and if you can upload one of these torrents I'll test it for you.

Th T TThe torrent is not the problem they will open in bitcomet on other computers It appears to be exclusive to my main computer therfore it has something to do with the setting or the bitcomet version on my computer I suspect

My BitComet v.1.36 downloads some files ( .rar .exe and etc. ) as files only- with missing extension.Then i put .rar or .exe to open them.When download is a folder- inside it files are in correct extension.Please help me !

Edit by forum staff: Please don't ask questions in the middle of another persons support request. Please make your own topic after reading the rules.

I have tried to run the latest BitComet 1.36 I downloaded from the BitComet site and I get the error message "Can't initialize plug-in directory please try again later" this error message keeps coming up each time. I did not want to completely remove my existing version of BitComet from my computer as I still have torrents to download and don't want to loss the history of my downloaded torrents. Do have any other choice that to delete my existing version of BitComet from my computer and try to install a new version?

Extension problem will be solved in next version soon.

Please PM me the downloading site of your torrents. We'll have a test and try to work it out.

You can install a new version without losing your tasks, or if you want to try a new version without replacing your current version you can download the .zip version from the link in my signature, extract the .zip and run the .exe. No installation is required, but don't attempt to run both versions at the same time.

Hi, Thanks for all your sugestions but i decided to restore a back up version gonig back a few weeks when i was using an older version of Bitcomet and it appears that the problem is solved. Thanks again for trying to solve my problem.