To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Unable to sign in to comit id

Hi

This is my first time posting in this forum so i don't know where exactly i should post. Since yesterday when i open the bitcomet client I says unable ti sign in bitcomet. I think my port forwarding is ok since i get 2 green signs at the bottom. Would you please help me sign in. I also took a screenshot of my computer.

http://uploads.im/jvHVY.jpg

• Like 2

Join the club. I finally managed to log in after 18 hours, only to find my score has DROPPED by 25 points.

In the past 6 hours I regained 43 points which then dropped back by 11 points, then the server went down yet again.

Tune in tomorrow for the next exciting episode of WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT - the return of the gremlins. :unsure:

• Like 1

Don't worry, this happens from time to time.

It won't affect the bitcomet client functionality much but you won't get any points added to your score until you can login again.

Bitcomet is supported by volunteers so there is no 24/7/365 team to sort it out immediately. Just be patient and it will be back soon :-)

• Like 4

It's just one of those things that happen to online sites every so often - a server goes down over a weekend and, usually, it comes back sometime on Monday. You'll drop a few scoring points but it's not the end of the world - they're just a bit of fun and won't buy any beer ;) (long term seeding isn't all it's cracked up to be anyway - I've never seen more than a handful on any download I've done)

• Like 2

Honestly what's the problem? The points are just a bit of fun and they don't affect downloading, speed, long-term seeds (if you can find any anyway) or anything else.

I'm downloading stuff at the same speed I always do

• Like 1

The server is DOWN and it will stay down until someone has time to fix it (and feed the hamsters)

There's not a lot of point in everyone posting to here - we all KNOW that it's not working - don't we? :unsure: :ph34r: :blink:

Three days bird. 3 f****** days. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Normally we delete posts with foul language like this, but I'll leave it here for now as an example of how NOT to behave when given something for free. The people who spend their time and money so that you can use cometID will fix it when time permits, in the meantime you can continue to use bitcomet as usual

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I just have a small question regarding this, as I see several admin/support replies stating you do not need to be logged in. This got me wondering and is the only reason I post here. So the ranking system even works when you're offline, or it does not have any influence on your speed, even though its stated in the description? Or is it all just for the placebo effect? :rolleyes:

Thanks for the great app and I think you guys did a great job with it and hope you keep supporting it.

Edited by XuroDeluxe (see edit history)

I just tried to log on & then updated to ver. 1.4 & I still can't log on.

I'm running windows 10 & was wondering if one of the updates from MS could be the problem.

It keeps telling me it can't find a port to listen to.

I know updates from Ms has stopped other software I use from working right.(weatherbug for example)