Comet Forums
crimson9457

everytime i try to extract my files they are deteled

I've been using Bitcomet for about a year and everything has been fine i was able extract files with no issue but now that i've switched to a computer that uses Windows 10 instead of Windows 7 every time i try to extract files from Bitcomet my extractor says warning C:/downloads has been deleted does anyone know how to fix this thank you.

I think the files you are trying to download are infected with a virus, and Windows Defender or your AntiVirus automatically deletes them.

Try to download other files (music/films) and see what results you get. Please keep us up with your actions. :)

Just to add...

What is/are the file extension/s that you are trying to extract and keep getting deleted (eg. .avi, .exe, .mp3, etc)?

What program are you using to "extract" these files (eg. WinRAR, WinZip, etc.)?

Try copying the files to your desktop and extract them there (as an experiment).

Those files are not archives, but virtual DVDs -- they can be opened as archives, but it would make no sense to do it this way.

You need Daemon Tools to mount them as virtual drives. Then you will be able to explore them in My Computer.

It will also solve your problem ;)

Edited by GandalfTheWizard (see edit history)

usually they are designed to burn to a cd/dvd disc. What they are exactly is disc images, a computer disc turned into a computer file and from there you can burn them back into a disc, or play the file in a virtual Cd/Dvd drive as was suggested. If you want to burn them I'd recommend a freeware app called "ImgBurn"

I'd also recommend replacing your bitzipper with WinRAR (free trial that will continue to work after it expires) or 7zip (freeware)