Comet Forums
Sign in to follow this  
StonedBean

Slow Download

Hi there,

I have been using BitComet for many years now with no problems.  I am experiencing very slow download speeds, max 15KB/s  whereas it was downloading at approximately 900KB/s...  

Do you have any advice?

Begards,

Raymond

Right now (and not wanting to sound sarcastic at all), please provide much, much more information... this is why we ask everyone to read here.

Posted (edited)
On 5/5/2020 at 3:23 AM, StonedBean said:

Hi there,

I have been using BitComet for many years now with no problems.  I am experiencing very slow download speeds, max 15KB/s  whereas it was downloading at approximately 900KB/s...  

Do you have any advice?

Begards,

Raymond

As a long time user myself as well, you probably have the same issue I am facing. If I go beyond 2000 torrent tasks, the download/upload streams would not work. The download stream would slow to like 20 KB/s and 0 KB/s for the upstream. At that point, I would have to force restart BitComet. For now, I recommend not having any active tasks beyond 2000 and try to start your tasks with one batch of 100 tasks each time when you are already have 1000 tasks active.

Edited by TripleThreat (see edit history)