Comet Forums

Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 30 days are pruned and will no longer show here

Ok, I downloaded BitComet v1.86 and it installs fine here. However, v1.87 still errors out unless I first install my VPN software and connect over my VPN. At that point v1.87 will install fine. On two occasions yesterday after doing a fresh install of Win 11 Pro 2200.652, downloading BitComet 1.87, running the installer and having it error out and close. On two separate installs a new window then popped up saying Runtime Error 216 at 0040444A. It thinks it's a virus even though I have defender disabled. I scan for viruses and none are found. I think that is what is going on here. Why my system is the only one detecting this error is perplexing since these were both virgin installs of 2200.652.

Ok, I downloaded BitComet v1.86 and it installs fine here. However, v1.87 still errors out unless I first install my VPN software and connect over my VPN. At that point v1.87 will install fine. On two occasions yesterday after doing a fresh install of Win 11 Pro 2200.652, downloading BitComet 1.87, running the installer and having it error out and close. On two separate installs a new window then popped up saying Runtime Error 216 at 0040444A. It thinks it's a virus even though I have defender disabled. I scan for viruses and none are found. I think that is what is going on here. Why my system is the only one detecting this error is perplexing since these were both virgin installs of 2200.652.

Ok, I downloaded BitComet v1.86 and it installs fine here. However, v1.87 still errors out unless I first install my VPN software and connect over my VPN. At that point v1.87 will install fine. On two occasions yesterday after doing a fresh install of Win 11 Pro 2200.652, downloading BitComet 1.87, running the installer and having it error out and close. On two separate installs a new window then popped up saying Runtime Error 216 at 0040444A. It thinks it's a virus even though I have defender disabled. I scan for viruses and none are found. I think that is what is going on here. Why my system is the only one detecting this error is perplexing! 

Ok, I downloaded BitComet v1.86 and it installs fine here. However, v1.87 still errors out unless I first install my VPN software and connect over my VPN. At that point v1.87 will install fine. On two occasions yesterday after doing a fresh install of Win 11 Pro 2200.652, downloading BitComet 1.87, running the installer and having it error out and close. A new window then popped up saying Runtime Error 216 at 0040444A. It thinks it's a virus even though I have defender disabled. I scan for viruses and none are found. I think that is what is going on here. Why my system is the only one detecting this error is perplexing! 

Ok, I downloaded BitComet v1.86 and it installs fine here. However, v1.87 still errors out unless I first install my VPN software and connect over my VPN. At that point v1.87 will install fine. On two occasions yesterday after doing a fresh install of Win 11 Pro 2200.652, downloading BitComet 1.87, running the installer and ihaving it errors out and close. A new window then popped up saying Runtime Error 216 at 0040444A. It thinks it's a virus even though I have defender disabled. I scan for viruses and none are found. I think that is what is going on here. Why my system is the only one detecting this 216 runtime error is perplexing! 

Ok, I downloaded BitComet v1.86 and it installs fine here. However, v1.87 still errors out unless I first install my VPN software and connect over my VPN. At that point v1.87 will install fine.