To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Suggestions

and edit the favorites list

springy

Not sure if this is mention, but I would like to add my own favorites to the bc list in their client.

Look the guide in my signature..

I already know how to edit the .xml files. It took me 2 seconds to figureout the first time I actually wanted to. But it would be easier for newbies who don't understand .xml or have any idea what they're doing.

1. It will be great if you can make Firefox to be the second build in browser so we can choose which one to use.

I am using FF for years and never lost my bookmarks or get it use 100% of my pc and it is crashing sometimes (~8%) but it is far away from the record of IE (~40% crashing).

2. this is good suggestion Grizzly:

It will be even better if BC devs can make another icon for incomplete bc tasks. Now they use icon #0 from shell32 and it is confusing sometimes, because I use this download folder for all my downloads from Flashget, from firefox etc.

If you make an icon for *.bc tasks the unfinished downloads will be much more recognizable.

For example the icon could be the same like icon #1 from bitcomet.exe the one for *.torrent files but instead of orange color to use red color.

post-2029-1154689197.jpg

Thats not going to happen. The "browser" is just a small simple shell script that uses the IE files in Windows. So its not acutally a built in browser. Just set BC to use an external browser. Also, check out a browser called Opera, it scored higher than FF & IE at every turn.

Thats not going to happen. The "browser" is just a small simple shell script that uses the IE files in Windows. So its not acutally a built in browser. Just set BC to use an external browser. Also, check out a browser called Opera, it scored higher than FF & IE at every turn.

I know it is just "using" IE and this make the things even easier. If it is small simple shell script this mean that it will be easy to add firefox in the "list" of built-in browsers.

P.S. Don't like Opera.

P.S.2. Dark_Shroud I think we need to stop talking about all these noobs out there. There always will be noobs who can't even open the options of BC - is this the cause to make BC - the ultimate noob program and to make BC with only one button called "THE NOOB BUTTON" and by clicking it everything to be done automatically? Making the things more and more easier for the newbies will only stimulate them to not reading, searching, learning and this is bad for us and especially for them.

Edited by dimchopicha2003 (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

If it's not user friendly for the ''noobs'', they won't use it. This would cause BitComet to loose many future users to other clients. It could, however, be a great client for ''noobs'' and still have all the features that the ''advanced users'' want. Why not do it like this...Make the base BitComet client, with a good bit of the priority going to being ''noob user friendly", a favorite among ''noobs''. This will continue to help make BitComet one of the most used clients out there. Then you could have more advanced plug-ins available to the more advanced users looking for more features and/or customization. It makes more sense to have the advanced user ''customize'' or add/remove features via plug-ins(or basically, do all the work), since these things shoud be fairly simple to do for them. Basically, try to make a great client for all classes of users. Also, BitComet definitely should do everything possible to make it private tracker friendly. The biggest thing this client has going against it is its reputation(which superseeds it), no pun intended, in the bittorrent community. With all the private tracker communities popping up, it's very important to stay off the banned lists. There are many past BitComet users who have since switched to other clients as a direct result of these private communities. If their client is on the banned list, they are forced to switch to one that isn't on the list(most often Utorrent). Those are just my two cents! :D