To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Big Welcome!!

Soraiya

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Greetings everyone I have been using Bitcomet now for over 3 years now. I wanted to tell everyone since the new stuff is coming down over the Federal Government issue's involved I do not mean to burst anyone's bubble here. I employ you all to spend a little money to get yourself secure from the prying eyes and electronic surveillance that is going to be in process even more as time goes on here. They are gearing up for this to pass, when this happens you will see Torrents sites closing or access to these wonderful ways to retrieve files and share with each other it will be the thing of the past unless you subscribe to this torrents portals. It takes a lot of time and money to run these sites, so my suggestion is purchase their membership fee's. It is not that expensive it protects you from the Internet police. I used to get letters from my IP until I went into hiding, with programs such as Hide My IP and others. Or using other programs to keep my identity hidden. I have not received any reports with Btcomet none.

I personally do not see any difference in giving a movie to a neighbor to have is this illegal? It was purchased somewhere! than from getting it from someone sharing it online for free. I also feel that the sales of any album or movie will boost in sales if people like it they will buy it or go and see it. Lets face it the people who steal them for profit to make money off of someone else's work is way different then someone who is downloading to evaluate the product for private use only and not selling it to the general public. That is a huge difference and why torrent files have been allowed to this point to be passed on to the general public through these wonderful portals. They will tell you and warn you as they should let you know that there may be illegal material that they are not responsible for the people who share it or leech it are responsible for the files they leech free. They are referring to people who sell or reproduce copy written material for financial gain, "This is Wrong" these folks that make money off of other peoples work by selling it are the ones that the Federal Government ought to be solely concentrating on, not the mother with a daughter who downloads one MP3 to listen o because they love the artist who created the music, this should be a compliment to the artist. "After all if the artist could see it as a free way of advertising their goods"

We are in for a real ride here, coming soon torrent sites are going to be subscribe only, some are closing now as we speak "Btjunkie" is now gone. If you do not believe me Click Here So I'm introducing myself to you not only to protect you from future law suits, no matter what you are using torrent sites for, that is your business of course be "Aware" you may be watched electronically it will not be pretty when new laws come into effect. You can help by writing your congress and expressing your concerns for censorship, thus far we have been winning, not victory but a stall out for now.

John

Hi,

I am new to the forum, while I am a long time bitcomet user~~

particularly, there are some questions I need answer, that;s the reason why I am here~~

soooo, hello everyone!:)

nice knowing you all:)

PS:

And this is funny:

It has been like almost 5 years I have been using bit comet, and today, I just knew that there is something called "cometID"

Edited by j3fk4 (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Welcome all to the new BitComet forum! You may be wondering why our previous 'discuzz' BitComet forum was offline for a while, well, it was due to Aimee's efforts that we could get this IPB forum up and running!

As usual, the same rules apply here, you'll notice a copy of the rules seen in the top bar of the forum. If you have any queries regarding these rules, please do not hesitate to PM us for clarification, or an improvement of the rules.

Just a quick and final reminder. In this sub-forum - 'New Members' Report!' Please avoid posting your client/torrent issues direct, otherwise it'll become really congested, and this may confuse new members into thinking that help can be asked anywhere within the forum.

We thank you for your co-operation, and look forward to discussing any of your torrent/client concerns.

thanks for the kind words and encouragement...I have a tidbit for all who are in need...The is a corrupted file in a recent windows media player update...it's causing ALL media players to lag and emit a loud buzzing sound while playing media...it eventually crashed my OS and so I looked everywhere and everyone seemed clueless like me...well i researched it in my pc and discovered when it started, i deleted WMP and WMC and now my VLC and cometplayer/tigerplayer work fine...i did NOT reload either windows product...it's fine , no problems, everything works great now...hope this helps someone

@ will_takum

Please refrain from duplicating the same post all over the forums (once is enough).

I'm sure that your intentions are good but...

• you don't pay attention to which forum you're posting in
  • you go to the trouble of quoting someone from 2006, and
  • you even ignore what the quote says ("this may confuse new members into thinking that help can be asked anywhere within the forum.").

OK? ;)