To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Some questions about uploading

Vsop

I still use BitComet 0.70, and I've got a question. I have to limit my up speed, otherwise my dl speed goes down near to zero (ADSL 256kbit, Sagem F@st 800 modem, Win XP Sp2, cFos Speed 3.0 Traffic Sharping, Nod 32 antivirus system and standard WIN Xp firewall), but if I do that, it means that some guys may ban my ip for good. How can I find out if someone banned my ip? Now, I get about 12, 13 kb/s dl speed while usually I get 25, 26kb/s (on 32 kb/s possible). I have limited my max upload speed (16kb/s) to 10 kb/s.

Plus, when I go surfing on the internet, my dl speed goes to about 20kb/s, How is that possible, is it some sort of malware?

The numbers don't seem right - you shouldn't have to cap that hard. If the traffic shaper was doing the job it claims to do (not saying it doesn't, but I'm awfully dubious about the whole thing), you especially shouldn't need to. It sounds to me as if that thing is treating BitComet traffic as low priority, which would cause speed problems like this.

I'd try disabling/removing the thing, and re-testing to see what your up cap should actually be, then try that for a while and see if most problems don't disappear.

This does not work. When I have uninstalled cFos my download speed went to 3kb/s. Plus I have checked computer for pottential spyware by Lavasoft Ad-Ware, and this program have found 44 threats. After dealing with them the download speed went to about 5kb/s. Any idea about how such slow dl speeds appear?

Maybe because the torrent I'm downloading is overloaded 66seeds/370 peers