To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

VERSIONS .71 ---> .75

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI, there. i got a problem here regarding the download speed...

i just format & reinstall win xp which i noticed that my pc was infected by virus yesterday. after installing bit comet v7.0 with some setting which given by bit comet staff and start download and upload the movie. i found that my downloading speed drop between 1KB/s to 10KB/s even though the seed/peer are [16/25] health 2xxx%.

my download speed (bit comet v7.0 same version) was 1x KB/s to 5x KB/s last time before i reinstall my pc. any assist will be highly appreciate.

HI, there. i got a problem here regarding the download speed...

i just format & reinstall win xp which i noticed that my pc was infected by virus yesterday. after installing bit comet v7.0 with some setting which given by bit comet staff and start download and upload the movie. i found that my downloading speed drop between 1KB/s to 10KB/s even though the seed/peer are [16/25] health 2xxx%.

my download speed (bit comet v7.0 same version) was 1x KB/s to 5x KB/s last time before i reinstall my pc. any assist will be highly appreciate.

Please post this request in a new topic.

This topic is only for members to comment on "less then stable" versions.

Suspect

This might sound weird, but i have only had it for 1 day, but how do you open programs once you have downloaded them?

If you have a specific question about a specific program you downloaded, then make a new topic in the non bit comet section with full details of what you downloaded.

Suspect

I just gave 0.74 a whirl and for some unknown reason it keet forcing Bitcomet Codec folder to open until I ran the .exe (after a virus scan and spyware scan of the file) and now it keeps opening up my Documents and Settings folder from my XP Pro profile.

I've downgraded back to 0.70 which I know runs fine. Just thought I'd flag the bug for future releases. :)

Thanks

Sy

Well I'm not impressed with 0.74, installed it, opened it and zapp :unsure: :o :blink: .......

All Internet Connectivity Stopped, I couldn't even get here!! Closed it, Internet Connectivity Restored!!

Re-installed 0.70 and all's well again. Did you test 0.74 at all?

0.74 - GARBAGE IMHO :angry:

just upgrade to 0.74 I hope they bring back set task priority in the next version. I also got a grey icon at the bottom says "not logged in". Does anyone tell me how to log in and what does it do? Thanks in advance.

It hang a few times with cpu running at 100%. Had enough of it and re-install 0.70

hi there, my bitcomet 0.74 seems worst then 0.70! whenever the screensaver pop's up, my bitcomet just grind to a halt, then the cpu usage and memory usage literally reach to the max! the whole windows just jamed :( there's another one, although i hav set it to auto-resume during bitcomet start up, it just wont do so, hav to manually start each task everytime :( pls help...

hi there, my bitcomet 0.74 seems worst then 0.70! whenever the screensaver pop's up, my bitcomet just grind to a halt, then the cpu usage and memory usage literally reach to the max! the whole windows just jamed :( there's another one, although i hav set it to auto-resume during bitcomet start up, it just wont do so, hav to manually start each task everytime :( pls help...

install bitcomet 0.70 because this is last stable official reliase, bitcomet 0.74 is latest reliase :rolleyes: ;)

Hi,

ok im not much of an expert in these matters but recently some error ocurred while i was downloading smallville season 2 (7.86 gb), after tht error, when i restarted bitcomet, all previously downloaded files were lost. Although such errors occured once in a while before, the downloaded data was normally safe, but this time it was gone.

not only tht, now tht ive started downloading again, total downloaded is some 71 MB ( of 7.86 GB) and the download rate is some "3Kbps within 6 hours(the time since that error)"

But the progress shown is 13.5% ? i dont think 71 MB of 7.86 GB would be 13.5%of progress so either this is the progress from before tht error or either.... this whole thing is gay

so tell me... this is part of .73 unstability or what am i missing?

P.S. I have already tried 'Manual Hash Check' although i have NO idea what it does...

Manual hash check will scan the partial files and update your client to which pieces are sucessfully downloaded, and which ones are not.

As I stated, these new versions have quite a few bugs since version .71. Although our developers have worked hard in releasing newer versions to corrrect some of these problems, they are still far from stable.

Suspect

oh thnx,

so i guess ill just go back to .70 ...

btw is it posible to link the previously downloaded (the one i lost before the fateful error..) files to the task through this manual hash check, tht is should i start downloading this task from scratch or i can simply 'Continue' downloading the file?

thnx tho

oh thnx,

so i guess ill just go back to .70 ...

btw is it posible to link the previously downloaded (the one i lost before the fateful error..) files to the task through this manual hash check, tht is should i start downloading this task from scratch or i can simply 'Continue' downloading the file?

thnx tho

If you have the partial files in the correct location, then it will continue. Try manual rehash if hash check doesn't start automatically.

Suspect

I hope I'm not the only one, but .73 and .74 worked for me (No lockups, no reboots, no strange behaviour of any kind). Now testing .75... so far, so good.

We have had quite a few people happy with new version/s, but still continue to get a great number of problems.

Suspect

The "log in" is for a new network being setup for bit comet users. At this time I'm told its only availble in China.

At this time we can only recommend you reinstall version .70 (if your version isn't working properly).

Suspect

The "log in" is for a new network being setup for bit comet users. At this time I'm told its only availble in China.

At this time we can only recommend you reinstall version .70 (if your version isn't working properly).

Suspect

ok roger that, and when it would be available for other countries?

We have had quite a few people happy with new version/s, but still continue to get a great number of problems.

Suspect

yes, .75 can work. but the download speed is still too slow.

i use both .70 and .75 to download the same thing

.70 has a download speed of around 150-200k

while .75 only get 20-30k

ok roger that, and when it would be available for other countries?

I can't say for sure what the future holds for this new feature, but right now, our developers are quite busy with resolving the problems reported with the new client.

I have requested we be informed of the details of these new developements here in the forum so we can better support our members, so hopefully comunication will improve. Hopefully by the time this new client has been deemed stable, we will be able to provide you with complete details of all the features.

Suspect