To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Setting up a static IP between computer and router

Starfire

Does anyone know how to do this with the router specified? I setup port forwarding, but whenever I reboot, my IP to the router changes. It was 192.168.10.4 and it changed to 192.168.10.6. How do I get the router to always assign the 192.168.10.6 IP to my computer with BitComet on it?

I already have windows setup to connect to the static IP address 192.168.10.6. The problem is that I need the router to always assign that address to my computer and not any of the others on the network. Right now it will allow whatever computer gets there first to get that IP and I need it reserved for my computer.

If you have all computers using the network running, and set each to static IP address (the one they are currently on), you should not have this problem.

You must then set your listening port and IP forwarding for each PC using bit torrent in your router.

If another PC is taking the IP address you have assigned to a different PC, it is because you don't have a different static IP assigned for it in windows.

Suspect

So basically what you are saying is that I can't just have one computer on a network with a static IP, I have to have ALL of them have a static IP?

If so I cannot do it. The other computers belong to my mother and brother and even though this would be a minor change and not affect their computer's operation at all, they won't let me do it because it's THEIR internet connection.

Yes I know it's retarded, but unfortunately that is the way it is in this house.