To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

When Bitcomet is On. Internet Browser cannot surf anymore.

sexyleeann

I found this board seeking an answer to this very problem. For me it was sharing too many files.

When I share a lot of files I can no longer use my browser. So I only share one file at a time. And I can surf with no problem. Sometimes my mouse even goes haywire if I share too many files at once. Just a suggestion.

Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

For me, this problem has bugged me for a long long while.

I figured that it is my router that's choking because of the amount of connections open.

So just yesterday I've bought a Linksys WRT54GL router and add it to my network.

So my crappy cheap modem no longer has to be the router and modem by itself.

This helps. I am having constant 160KB/s transfer rate for hours now (I am having 1.5mbps DSL). I've no more problem surfing while Bitcomet is running.

Ok so I'm having a similar problem, but not the same. When BitComet is running IE AND FF both randomly stop working for about 10-15 seconds. It gives me the "this page cannot be displayed" error, and magically it will stop. I know it's BitComet doing this because as soon as I close it I stop having the problem. I've already had pg2 for a while now, and i dont usually upload more than 4 kb/s anyways (just my luck, it's set higher). Any suggestions, because I didn't read anything that seemed to work for the past posts...

Sorry Havok. Yes, I am having that problem too.

Actually, whenever BitComet download drop to 0%, all surfing, ftp....thing that require internet connection will seems to jam. Once it is even running at 1kbps, everythings back to normal.

I solved that by buying a new rounter. I am now running at constant 150-160kbps if the torrent has good seeds and many peers.

Now i faced another problem, my hdd is too small. ;)