To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Bitcomet CPU Spike... HELP PLEASE!!

I am a bit confused by your post, since Azureus uses Java, bit comet does not. and bit comet uses C++, Azureus does not.

As you appear to be stating that both programs are "causing concurrent checking loops in C++ as well as Java".

Can you clairify this statement.

I would also like to confirm that you are using a stable version, upto .70.

Suspect

I'm using version 0.75 of BitComet and with 'concurrent checking loops' I mean that the torrent clients keep rechecking the integrity of the torrent data files. This is the only explanation I can give to the 100% CPU usage spikes I'm getting in Azureus and BitComet even though their, respective, coding foundations are completely different. The only similarity between the programs is that they both use the same torrent protocols as far as I know

Image of the Spikes(note: I'm using windowsblinds vista mod, not vista itself)

cpuspikebitcometzc5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again,

I actually realized not long after I posted what I thought was a solution for my problem, that it did not solve my problem at all. Sorry for the confusion... I haven't had time to come back and correct myself I have been too busy with other things. I am 90% convinced at this point that for me, at least, this problem has been caused by upgrading my Video card which has a much higher demand on my power supply than my previous video card. The CPU spike happens when Bitcomet is writing to HD. I will let you know the results of my new power supply when I have them

Cheers

Rob

You can find about everything with a regedit search for "bitcomet". That said, I don't believe it will make a difference. This looks like a problem with the video drivers. Have you checked Event Viewer to see if it's been reporting any problems?

You can find about everything with a regedit search for "bitcomet". That said, I don't believe it will make a difference. This looks like a problem with the video drivers. Have you checked Event Viewer to see if it's been reporting any problems?

Actually if you read farther back in this thread, you'll see I already did that. Multiple times. I have UN and RE installed the video drivers too many times to count, and as I said in my last post, and based on other things I am noticing in my system, I am pretty sure the problem lies in my PSU. When Bitcomet writes to HD, is when I notice the CPU spike which I believe t o be caused by a lack of Wattage caused by the recent upgrade of my video card. I have checked Event Viewer also, there is no indication of any video driver issues.

• 3 weeks later...

i have discovered that theres a conflict between AVG and bitcomet .

coz u said u got that freezing after reinstalling windows .

i got it after installing AVG . am also using zonealarm FW .

basically after reading a couple of posts in this topic i decided to turn off avg and see if the freezing stops . and it did stop . problem solved . but now we need to find a way how to run avg and bit comet at the same time without the freezing problem . i apriciate your thanks( if it worked for u ) . i really hate to turn off my anti virus .

took me 5 mins to solve the prob . mwahaha . ( yes, im full off my self )

post-20635-1165594992.jpg

I have AVG free and I have never had any problems with freezing or CPU spikes, at least with Bitcomet v0.70.

man avg has so damn many versions . and it also could be zonealarm avg combo that causes the freezing . and anyway i hope that axe monkey will read this soon and tell us if it was the case. at least it helped me.

that it is caused by his new graph card ... sounds to me like nonsence . if it was his graphic card then he would have that damn freezing all the damn time regardless weather he has bitcomet running or not .

If you have never installed one of the beta releases, then uninstalling BC and deleting its directory from the Program Files tree will take care of it. 0.70 and previous didn't do very much modification to the system at all.

If you did install a beta release at any point, then after doing the above you should do some hunting with regedit to see if there are other traces that may not have been removed.

I suspect this won't help, though. My initial hunch would be to remove the video drivers and revert to standard VGA, then test again and see if the problem's still there. That should tell you something important either way.

Ok the problem is fixed for real now. I had to do 2 system upgrades. I installed a 650w true power supply, and the problem got SLIGHTLY better... I dropped a P4 3ghz 800mhz fsb in place of my Celeron D 2.4ghz 533mhz fsb , and the problem is now null and void. The problem was in fact generated by my first upgrade of a new video card... the stuttering was happening when Bitcomet downloads were writing to disk, but I can say now it wasn't Bitcomets fault. My computer needed more power, plain and simple.

Thanks for all your input folks. Hopefully this all will help somebody someday!

Cheers

Axemonkey