To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Bitcomet is unusable in Malaysia

lyner

YO! I would like to SHARE some tweak up internet for increase urs download speed!

INSTALL P2P SERVICE!

RELEASE UR INTERNET BANDWIDTH!

Your suggestion does not seem to work as some other program cannot access to internet. I have tried it as per your suggestion and have to revert back to default.

Indeed I think your suggestion is a bit dangerous especially to those not so well verses with computer setting.

I"m a 2mb user and i'm not sharing, but i still have the torrent problem. anyone tried port forwarding?

http://www.portforward.com/english/applica...BitComindex.htm

Agreed with Kaizzya, that port forward guide is useless. This forum's guide is better as it works for me.

silverl>> i was wondering,will changing to another client help or it will still be the same ???

Kaizzya is using TuoTu a Chinese version of BitComet as the appearance and set up is similar. Even though I cannot read or write Chinese I manage to install it.

Same torrent with part of the files with BitComet and part of the files with TuoTu and run at the same time.

With BitComet 3 – 10 KB/s but with TuoTu I can get 20 – 65 KB/s most of the time.

If I am allow to post the screen for both BitComet and TuoTu running the same torrent but different files at the same time than I can post it.

So I am requesting authorizing to do it.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am glad to see so many members exchanging info about these issues.

First, you may feel free to post any screenshots you wish, including screenshots of other bit torrent clients.

However, you are not comparing them equally, since you are running them from the same IP address, and on the same torrent. Also, since some files in a torrent may be available from more peers, then they will download faster then other.

Basically, most bit torrent clients are capable of running at the same speeds. If your Bit Comet is configured for your internet connection, then no other client is going to be able to download faster on a regular basis.

Now, Regarding slow download speeds. This is usually caused by peers that run multiple torrents, without the bandwidth to support them.

I strongly advise that you run only ONE, or perhaps two at a time.

When you run several, you are slowing down everyone you connect to.

Suspect

http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/Bad_ISPs

just to share with u guys. the above link shown tmnet and jaring was limit bittorrent packet(traffic shaping). the will sniff the every packet. if the packet is BT, it will straight away blocked it. as what i know from my friend who working in tm. tm bought a device which purposely limit the bandwidth for p2p packet. and it's install region by region. i believe we r the unlucky 1 :(. i have been try bitcomet, utorrent, azureus and bitspirit. it doesn't help at all, although i did switch on the encryption and recommended up/down speed and etc setting.

recently, im using 0.79, the download speed is 20kb/s~50kb/s, avg 40kb/s vs previous speed is about 80kb/s~101kb/s (with 1mbit/512kbit line). it's ok lah. better than nothing

hope bitcomet can encrypt all the segment of the bittorrent packet :)

ok, I can't understand most of this post, but he looks VERY happy... :mbounce:

errmm he means(in another translate version .. seem some is country's language)

WOAH ... tuotu juz nid one minute to reach 100kb/s!!!

bitcomet.. hmm[failed to reach the dl speed]

~ Posts merged by mod. ~

prooveht1.jpg

lol so high speed..

while of course with plenty of seeders..

but when i use bitcomet.

no hope

even 50kb/s can't reach ..

hmm hope BC dev team will release out a more better encryption code..

Edited by Dark_Shroud (see edit history)

@The UnUsual Suspect

StreamyX - Malaysia only ISP is throttling P2P as you can see Kaizzya is using TuoTu in the form that nobody can understand the language yet he still can use it and get high download speed but not BitComet. :( :( :(

In Malaysia a lot of people are using TuoTu as per Kaizzya explanation. At the moment I am also using TuoTu but would prefer BitComet as it English base which I can understand.

Hope BitComet will improve on the encryption code or find some other ways to go around the throttling. :wub: :wub: :wub:

Well i notich that TouTo typically using UDP packet for its BT topology and seems it work well on UDP packet rather than TCP packet as if the is work pretty well if it manage to peer with someone that using TouTo and it doesn't really work well with other BT Client. Look at the screennies cos i dont understand Chinese aswell i'll have to get someone that manage to translate all the setting late. :P

post-19898-1165336116.jpg

post-19898-1165336134.jpg

I still recommend that users limit the number of torrents you run, as you can't be a "good" peer if your run several torrents.

If you are a good peer, and always fully seed your torrents, then it won't take any more time to complete your torrents if you do them one at a time, and you will provide more upload to those peers you connect to.

(ok, I've said this before, and I know some of you will continue to do as you please, but please consider my words)

Suspect

ps. Here is an article about "Net Enforcer", a software that is used to detect encrypted BT traffic.

http://torrentfreak.com/netenforcer-thrott...orrent-traffic/

I'm sure it too will be defeated, its just a matter of time.

Well i notich that TouTo typically using UDP packet for its BT topology and seems it work well on UDP packet rather than TCP packet as if the is work pretty well if it manage to peer with someone that using TouTo and it doesn't really work well with other BT Client. Look at the screennies cos i dont understand Chinese aswell i'll have to get someone that manage to translate all the setting late. :P

post-19898-1165336116.jpg

post-19898-1165336134.jpg

not really

i still can get high speed from other application that use TCP packets..

and while UDP ... just only 1-10kb/s

look at my previous SS...

note:- that task was from demonoid.com , that means generally all are using TCP packets

@frans84

read the 3rd page ..

pls.

do some work

dun be lazy and ask for ppl to feed u all

I will AGAIN say, I WILL NOT PERMIT being rude to members, there is no need for it.

dun be lazy and ask for ppl to feed u all

You could express your point in a polite way, there is no need for this.

I don't think this comment is extremely offensive, but it is the beginnings of an unfriendly exchange, or at very least, will be upsetting for this member to read.

Since none of our staff in in Malaysia, I've been allowing this topic to continue, for the most part "unmoderated", but since these very long posts (several pages) require alot of work for our moderators to follow, I CAN and WILL close this topic, if members can't moderate themselves.

I am pleased that so many members are able to discuss these issues, and even allowed posting and suggesting the use of other clients. My suggestion to ALL members here is to make an extra effort to be kind to each other.

THIS IS WARNING NUMBER TWO

ok, I sure hope I don't have to mention this again.

Now, there was some talk of Bit Comet using an "Encryption" such as this other client uses, well, this is NOT an encryption method it is using, I can assure you of this.

If a piece of data sent to a bit torrent client is encrypted, both the sending and receiving client must support that type of encryption.

The fact that this client is reported by members here to work better with the packet sniffing being employed in Malaysia might have to do with the fact that it uses udp rather then http, but that doesn't make much sense to me, as it would surely be just as easy to restrict the data using udp as it is with http. If for some reason the ISPs in Malaysia haven't begun regulating udp, then I'm sure its only a matter of time till they do.

Now, Regarding Clients, There is no Magic client out there that is going to out perform other clients. Basically, Bit Comet has all the advanced features that the other major B/T clients have. There are many "Bad" clients, that don't support protocol encryption, dht tracking, and other advanced features, but the top B/T clients, like Bit Comet, Utorrent, Azureus, Bit tornado all will produce the same download speeds if properly tuned to both your connection, download habits, and the torrent you are running.

Unlike other support forums run by Bit Torrent clients, This forum doesn't allow members to make nasty comments about other clients. My work here is to support the entire P2P community, and am proud to support Bit Comet, as being among the best there is. Quite frankly, Bit Comet is in a class of it's own. There is no other client with the features Bit Comet has.

If your finding faster speeds with another client, then I would think you need to work on your settings. Keep in mind that each connection will require different settings to work most efficiently. In fact, each torrent will require different settings, and at different times, so there is no one setting that is best. I continue to alter my settings everyday, and keep learning more and more everytime I do.

Keep in mind also, that finding the best settings to run one torrent is complicated enough, but when you start running more then one at a time, it becomes infinitely more complicated.

I just downloaded one of my favorite TV shows while eating lunch, my peeks speed was 680kB/s download, and 50kB/s upload. My Average download speed was above 400kB/s.

I can assure you that if I had five torrents downloading, instead of one, that the total download of all of them would likely be less then this one torrent, and the big difference would be that anyone connected to me would get slower download speeds, and we all hate to connect to a peer that isn't giving us a reasonable about of bandwidth.

This is just one example, and I have seen some torrents go much faster. My latest Linux download (Ubuntu 610) peeked much higher.

Suspect

haha. im ok for the "lz". dont worry moderator. here is my tuotu result :

1.JPG

but. i was trying back to use bitcomet download same files, result speed 40-30 (normally i can get 150 by bitcomet)

however, i still prefer on bitcomet which provide the understanding and multi function. wish to hear the good news for the improvement of bitcomet.

I will AGAIN say, I WILL NOT PERMIT being rude to members, there is no need for it.

You could express your point in a polite way, there is no need for this.

I don't think this comment is extremely offensive, but it is the beginnings of an unfriendly exchange, or at very least, will be upsetting for this member to read.

Since none of our staff in in Malaysia, I've been allowing this topic to continue, for the most part "unmoderated", but since these very long posts (several pages) require alot of work for our moderators to follow, I CAN and WILL close this topic, if members can't moderate themselves.

I am pleased that so many members are able to discuss these issues, and even allowed posting and suggesting the use of other clients. My suggestion to ALL members here is to make an extra effort to be kind to each other.

THIS IS WARNING NUMBER TWO

lol

now i can see why this forum looks junk

Now, Regarding Clients, There is no Magic client out there that is going to out perform other clients. Basically, Bit Comet has all the advanced features that the other major B/T clients have. There are many "Bad" clients, that don't support protocol encryption, dht tracking, and other advanced features, but the top B/T clients, like Bit Comet, Utorrent, Azureus, Bit tornado all will produce the same download speeds if properly tuned to both your connection, download habits, and the torrent you are running.

If your finding faster speeds with another client, then I would think you need to work on your settings. Keep in mind that each connection will require different settings to work most efficiently. In fact, each torrent will require different settings, and at different times, so there is no one setting that is best. I continue to alter my settings everyday, and keep learning more and more everytime I do.

Keep in mind also, that finding the best settings to run one torrent is complicated enough, but when you start running more then one at a time, it becomes infinitely more complicated.

well

u mention tuned up properly 'bitcomet's setting'

i have ..

"lol but others i dun know they have or not"

and still the speed is in bad shape

i try everything in 0.7 .. by turning off UPNP .. or enable UDP 'everything'

until i fed up and go for new release even the old version of 0.6

and yet everything .. is not working

Quite frankly, Bit Comet is in a class of it's own. There is no other client with the features Bit Comet has.

lol

frankly say ther is some client have same features like bitcomet and it work fine

The fact that this client is reported by members here to work better with the packet sniffing being employed in Malaysia might have to do with the fact that it uses udp rather then http, but that doesn't make much sense to me, as it would surely be just as easy to restrict the data using udp as it is with http. If for some reason the ISPs in Malaysia haven't begun regulating udp, then I'm sure its only a matter of time till they do.

they had already start regulating UDP packet when they start throttle p2p connection

I think Dinois either work for StreamyX Malaysia only ISP Broadband Provider or he/she is lucky not to be throttled.

I have just install an antithrottle software and after sometime of downloading it tell me I am being throttled as my

connection MAC address has being changed.

The connection was continuosly disconnected then reconnected with the same message. I then stop the antithrottle

software and the disconnection stop but now I can only get local initiation with no more remote connection.

The download speed also drop from 50Kb/s to 3 – 4Kb/s. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Same question is there a solution temporary or permanent?????????????????????? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Edit : I get my antithrottle software from http://www.dosdragon.com/antithrottle.zip

If you would have visited the site you would have seen this.

December 6th 2006 Anti-throttle was a success, over one million downloads. After four days the spool test site collapsed. It could not handle the queries the software did to verify internet access. I have a new version available temporarily fixing this problem. A newer version that will alternate test locations will be available this weekend. Out of the millions of users I have only had a few that claimed it did not help their problem. This software will restart your internet access if it has been shut off, not if it has been slowed. It requires the PC to be behind a router and have a fixed IP such as 192.168.1.something (if possible). If you are not behind a router your IP will change when your internet access has been restored, this will kill any downloads you was doing. The software has been tested with normal browsers and flooding software such as can be found at http://www.spamdspammer.com Many users have told me it repairs problems with bittorent but I have not verified this. Please be patient as I get a newer version available for download.

There is now a NEW version you can download off the site.

http://www.dosdragon.com/antithrottle.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Hi The UnUsual Suspect,

Just comparing BiComet 0.70 and TuoTu downloading same torrent ubuntu-6.10 from

http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/14574811/Ubuntu

ubuntubicometdf6.png

ubuntutuoturx2.png

BiComet download speed 24KB/s versus 153KB/s from TuoTu.

Just wonder how TuoTu by pass the ISP throttling? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Do you have some idea or explanation for this?

I would still prefer to use BiComet as I cannot read Chinese. :D :D :D

I don't have a lot of time at the moment so I'll make it simple, that client cheats.

I'll edit this into a proper post explaining everything in awhile when I get home.

No problem TUS. I just have to re-read a large part of this thread to make sure I explain everything. Plus I also have to see if I can get any more information from that client's homepage. I think this thread will be getting closed soon.

I wish I could tell you how they do this. I can say that it is not likely any new form of protocol encryption, as all the peers would need to use it to be effective.

I would think that they have found a way to disable the throttling that your isp is using.

I will recommend our developers take a look at this program (if they haven't already).

Suspect

EDIT: I didn't see Dark Shroud's reply when I posted mine. I will defer this issue to him, since he has more knowledge regarding this client

I cleaned this thread up a bit merging posts and what not.

hope BitComet can encrypt all the segment of the Bittorrent packet :)

Yes, the PE/MSE function used in BitComet, µTorrent, Azureus, & newer versions of the Mainline client fully encrypt the whole Bittorrent packet. In fact the encrypted connections look like line static to scanners.

Well i notich that TouTo typically using UDP packet for its BT topology and seems it work well on UDP packet rather than TCP packet as if the is work pretty well if it manage to peer with someone that using TouTo and it doesn't really work well with other BT Client.

Touto is not a proper Bittorrent client at all. It uses the ed2k network and it cheats with Bittorrent.

Now as for your comments about UDP. BitComet is the only real client that uses UDP without violating the Bittorrent protocol/cheating. Version 0.80 have greater UDP support than 0.70. Give them a try a see how you do, remember to set the protocol encryption to always/forced. Now a question for you, do you even know what UDP is? If not read about it here.

Now to address other comments made here and there. The PE/MSE function completely hides the header & handshake. The only way they are able to throttle this is by throttling other encrypted streams as well. Because they scan for everything. So using TCP or UDP wouldn't make a difference.

This post will be receiving more edits.

i should said something to people in Malaysia, i myself is malaysian. And i don think you should just ask people to feed you directly since they are so far away. For my situation, i face the same thing when i downloading stuff. 1k-10kbps, that's the best i can have. But i found out that, Streamyx(ISP) trying to block only part of the IP, the WAN IP. I shall said that all of you that from Malaysia if your speed is too slow, in Bitcomet. You should Disconnect and connect again in USB modem, and with Router, you should off the modem and get it on again to see the different. Trying to get the IP that suit the speed, remember, Streamyx(ISP) do block IP for Bitcomet. And what i recommended is that you cxan manually set the PORT in the range of 30000-50000, in order to get higher speed of downloading. Like what the admin said in here, trying to download multiple file will definately slow down your speed, for my case i will only download with 2 files running together. The Totals speed i get is 35-45Kbps, and i am using 512kbps packages. Most important set the encryption to ALWAYS. And i found out that different version of Bitcomet have do nothing in increasing the speed. It's means any version you use should give you the great speed if you follow what the Bitcomet's technical words, and Admin's. Thanks...Just my 2 cents worth of speaking here.

Hi paparaaaapa,

If we face problem which we have difficulty or cannot be solved we seek for advise and help. I think that is what this forum is about.

Wonder how you found out that Streamyx(ISP) own by TMnet is trying to block only part of the IP, the WAN IP. Care to share a bit.

On your claim of using 512kbps packages it is not consistent with your previous posting.

I have search every where on internet, but i have no solution...

Searching from every forum to forum still no help about it. Download speed decrease from 40Kbps++ to >2Kbps. This is the worst speed i get for this 3 weeks. Waiting for the solution but none, dowloading from http and web-browsing is not a problem, only in Bittorent. I try a lot of bittorent client, no help. But i will only stick with Bitcomet, since i use it from 0.63 onward till now. Turning the encryption do help boost up a bit to 3kbps...but this is way too slow for 1Mbps Broadband.

I will add some random facts for users to consider.

If you have a 512kb/s broadband, then the max download speed possible is 64kB/s. When you consider the necessary "overhead" (communications), your global max download rate will be about 50-55kB/s. Disabling DHT will help to minimize your "overhead", so I would recommend this, unless you have a specific need for dht.

Now, considering you very likely have a much lower upload speed, this will lower your download, so its uncommon to get the max speed your connection can handle.

Depending on your actual upload rate, I would expect to see a speed about half of the max, or about 25kB/s on average, with a well tuned client. You can expect speeds to peek at times, this is just average.

Suspect

ps. this should give users an idea of what to expect.