To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Discussion Topic for latest BitComet client release

i'll have 2 wait for the next stable realease after 0.71, and next time I hope it's gonna be good!

Guys don't install the BC 0.71... It gives me many problems. Think what I encountered is the same as the previous complaints.

1) Does not have indiviual upload speed

2) The overall upload rate will be higher than what you set in the global upload rate

3) Most torrent files won't start downloading (It does shows that it is connecting)

4) The download speed is like crap

5) Can't set task priority

etc. etc.

hey!! I just entered to this forum because I am also having problems with 0.71

I though there was something wrong with me or my system, but it seems that its kinda bugged .

I loved to set priorities on my downloads, and also, with this version, a download takes forever.

always loved bitcomet, but never ever complained. normal instalation, any suggestions.

anybody knows if it's going to be fixed, or I have to go backwards??

hey!! I just entered to this forum because I am also having problems with 0.71

I though there was something wrong with me or my system, but it seems that its kinda bugged .

I loved to set priorities on my downloads, and also, with this version, a download takes forever.

always loved bitcomet, but never ever complained. normal instalation, any suggestions.

anybody knows if it's going to be fixed, or I have to go backwards??

well, guys, after reading all the posts, i think im gonna go backwards.

bugs are better in 0,72 but theres still no upload control for each task download. which not having this setting my downloads slow to a crawl.

i rely on this setting like many others as ive got cable

surfing is now a nightmare lol

im going to go back to 0,70

And still Http agent in 0.72 that automaticly puts this version on the position of looser ;) HTTP agents are everywhere baned. Even if BC is not baned on tracker, HTTP agents are baned, so also BC 0.71 and 0.72 are automaticly blocked. I don't understand this idea. You close the doors to lot of trackers :D instead of populate this client.

I said a lot about this idea in other topic on this forum. I think that autors of BC have not red that topic.

HTTp agent in BC client is the worst idea I have ever seen

Pleese Help !!!

I have upgraded my bitcomet from 0.66 to 0.72 but i cant download or upload files whats a problem ???

:( even0.70 is working well, but 0.72 isnt working at all

Just use 0.70. Rny Smile is making some major overhauls to BitComet so a ton of bugs have popped up. So send your error reports and then go back to 0.70.

Just use 0.70. Rny Smile is making some major overhauls to BitComet so a ton of bugs have popped up. So send your error reports and then go back to 0.70.

ok thanks a lott ;) and when we will receive a new and working version of bitcomet?

Is there a possibility to disable downloading without tracker? A lot of people use BC to download a file, get list of peers, change or delete passkey and download without sending informations to tracker.

The way to solve this problem:

IF tracker on the website send an passkey error, or there is no or wrong passkey, BC should stop such torrent. That wouldpopulate this clientvery much

hmm this

was a good option, it was missing only a scroll ability.

for example to see exactly which port is listening. i am getting only locals when install 0.71 and don't know which port BC is listening. i wanted the logs to confirm that bc is listening the port i set in options but its gone :(

I have the same thing and it just does not want to start Downloading at all.

Is there a possibility to disable downloading without tracker? A lot of people use BC to download a file, get list of peers, change or delete passkey and download without sending informations to tracker.

The way to solve this problem:

IF tracker on the website send an passkey error, or there is no or wrong passkey, BC should stop such torrent. That wouldpopulate this clientvery much

Sorry, you or someone doesn't understand bittorrent. This is not what's occurring.

When you begin a torrent, your client contacts the tracker, and if successful, sends it a metafile with your information. The tracker processes it, then sends a metafile back to you with a dictionary of swarm members. It's the tracker that does this, not the client.

If the particular client lacks the right passkey, then the tracker does not/should not send the swarm data, and the client cannot obtain the list of swarm members from it. It is entirely up to the tracker to enforce this, because this whole "membership" thing is not a part of bittorrent, it was grafted on despite the creator's misgivings about it (which have proven correct).

When the client re-scrapes, it sends the same metafile with slightly altered values in some of the contents. It's up to the tracker to handle that information. If it discards it, again, this is a tracker defect, not a client issue.

Part of the metafile sent by the tracker includes a time interval for re-scraping. If this interval is very long, well, the client will do as it's told and not rescrape for that long. Again, this is the tracker saying not to scrape, not the client misbehaving.

We are talking tracker errors/defects, and tracker misbehaviour, which the ignorant or clueless are blaming on one or another client. BitComet doesn't need fixing, their tracker does.

hi, i've just installed version 0.70....is the the best one at present?

also, i've got the text DHT NOT CONNECTED on my task bar....have i got a problem before i've started?

sorry if its a "thicko" question....but i'm new to all this.

i'm a quick learner though....so hopefully i'll know what to do on here before 2007! ;)

hi, i've just installed version 0.70....is the the best one at present?

also, i've got the text DHT NOT CONNECTED on my task bar....have i got a problem before i've started?

sorry if its a "thicko" question....but i'm new to all this.

i'm a quick learner though....so hopefully i'll know what to do on here before 2007! ;)

Read through our FAQ & settings guide. :)