To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Peerguardian 2!!!

kmcheng

My .70 often freeze a while when it runs for the few minutes, and continue to be half freeze during download, the more I download in the same time the more it is frozen. :( I have no idea why this happen for over half a year.

Now, by the help of a post here, I finally found the solution (which I don't expect in the beginning)! The problem is the IP filter file used by bitcomet (and other P2P software) - ipfilter.dat. It got more than 160,000 of entries inside the file.

When I use Peerguardian 2 suggested by some people and throw out the ipfilter.dat, WOW, no freezing anymore, the program is running free like a bird!!! B)

I think when I put the filter file, the program goes through this 160k entries, and no wonder it would be half frozen in start up and downloading.

This is my newest experience so far. Peerguardian 2 is good, do the same job, yet it doesn't bother bitcomet.

HAPPY! I finally solved this long existed problem!!!

:) :) :)

I hope this new experience can help others who got the same situation like mine.

THANK YOU!

Hey friend....

I don't really understand how have you solved your problem? Can you please specify in more detail please? I really need your help. I have been experiencing slow download speed since many many months ago. I really get tired of it..... Can anyone please tell me why is it so? Anything to do with streamyx in m'sia here? Did they block anything?.... please help me.....

Thank you very very much!

pepsi80

Hey friend....

I don't really understand how have you solved your problem? Can you please specify in more detail please? I really need your help. I have been experiencing slow download speed since many many months ago. I really get tired of it..... Can anyone please tell me why is it so? Anything to do with streamyx in m'sia here? Did they block anything?.... please help me.....

Thank you very very much!

pepsi80

hmm...

I am sorry, but you seen like to have a different problem. My problem is the program frozen, but the download speed is fine.