To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

double-clicking on a tab will close it

Hi!

Im newbie here. Was looking for a secondary browser for my Firefox and found a good fellow in Cometbird. However Cometbird has a strange behavior when doubleclicking a tab - it will close! Ive not found that behavior in Firefox so far.

I use to doubleclick tabs 'by mistake' because of my computer. I own an old computer and it works slower when running several programs at the same time. So this doubleclick thing is unavoidable in my case.

How do i disable this close-tab-by-double-click thing? Thank you.

Thanks that is soo awesome. Every time I have a problem with a program they want you to check these stupid blogs to find the answers. I waste hours and never find the answers. I was about to uninstall CometBird because I keep losing pages thanks to that poorly designed* double click feature(see below why I say it's poorly designed). My mouse does doubleclicks a lot, I guess its broken. The last couple days it has really been a problem and it keeps aggravating me. I decided to Check the help thing even though it's never helped before, and it was right there!!! No searching! Yay! Thank you Jennifer! Now if someone would just write a help feature that has all this stuff.

But the Double click feature doesn't seem to work right anyway(*Poorly designed). *Cause other times I accidentally click once on the tab I have open and it closes.

I have a complaint with your answer too. You give us one fix and say "If you use other functions of Browser UI Enhancement 2.06 and don't wanna lose them...", well I don't know if I do or not, How bout giving examples of what is controlled by this feature so we have an idea if we're using it or if it's the source of all my issues.

You dont have to thank me, thank KNTRO, as he was the one who brought here the solution to our problem. :)

Oh, and I dont think these forums are stupid at all. I found this useful indeed. You have to learn to follow the forums rules and search for the right forum, it isnt that hard. :)

Good luck!

I have a complaint with your answer too. You give us one fix and say "If you use other functions of Browser UI Enhancement 2.06 and don't wanna lose them...", well I don't know if I do or not, How bout giving examples of what is controlled by this feature so we have an idea if we're using it or if it's the source of all my issues.

But you could have easily found this out for yourself, rather than insist that KNTRO look it up and read it for you. Thus, while you may have a complaint with the answer, I have a complaint with your question.

We don't get paid, any of us, to do this. We all volunteer our time and efforts. We don't owe it to anybody, and it isn't our jobs. It's not unfair or too much, to ask you to make some efforts to help yourself, eh?