Please READ THIS before asking
Before posting for help on this forum, please consider checking the Wiki FAQ topics, since most of the usual problems which users usually encounter are already answered in there.
However, if you cannot find your answer in there, then read the next lines before you make your post.
The following basic information is Essential, in order to be able to help you with any concern/question.
Please, be sure to provide all the information said below, each time that you expose a new topic.
1) What version of BitComet are you using?
2) What type of Internet connection do you have (3G , ADSL 3 Mbs, Optical Fiber, etc.)? If you are using WWAN or any type of connection that uses a cellular type of long distance wireless (not including your own personal Wi-Fi network) then be sure to mention this first.
3) Do you have a modem (Make and Model required)? Do you use a router (Make and Model required)? If so, have you forwarded your port? Do you have any VoIP or telephone devices connected?
4) If you have more than one router, be sure to mention the make and model of both devices, how are they connected (i.e. in which connector of both devices is the network cable plugged) and which one of the devices is connected to or is the modem.
Also, if you have more than one computer make sure to mention in this case, to which router is every one of them connected.
5) What version of Windows, Firewall and Antivirus do you use? Is your Windows 32 bit or 64 bit?
6) Are you using any type of IP filtering or protection software like Peerblock or ProtoWall?
7) If you are asking about a specific torrent or file that you have downloaded, make sure that you include the complete torrent name, as well as the complete names of the files and their respective extensions/formats (e.g.: .rar, .wma, .bin, .cue, etc.).
8) For speed-related issues, please run various speed tests at a site such as speedtest.net (make sure that no other computer is using your Internet connection and that all other programs - including BitComet - are closed, during the tests). Include the results, along with the settings that you are presently using, in your post, so that we may review and offer suggestions to improve its performance.
The lack of said information will result, as direct consequence, in your post being ignored and/or deleted, leaving way to a clean and tidy forum, for those who follow the rules.
Please, make sure that the post's title gives an indication of the problem ("Help!" or "I Have a Problem" are not good indicators...). Remember to include the maximum amount of detailed information (speed test results, the settings that you're using, which Tutorial/s you have followed, etc.) possible - the more, the better.
Thank you for your cooperation.
The BitComet Team