To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

[New] BitComet Beta [20111207] has been released

zerojinn

Hmm, that message posted three times, Wiz. I deleted the other two. (Later edit - lots of this happening, forum software behaving badly today. { still later edit. Well, I thought I'd deleted them. They came back from the dead and posted AFTER this reply, so go figure. Forum software still misbehaving very badly all over the place})

If Ariel says thats how it works, that settles it. I don't particularly wish it to be any particular way, I just see it as the simplest way. But whoever implemented it apparently had different priorities. One of mine would have been to keep all functionality intact, not to disable some of it -- and especially not without warning --- and very especially, not without having to make some difficult and complicated explanations to the users about how it now worked.

But then, we know worrying about documentation/support hasn't ever been much of an issue for development.

I don't believe that the problem you envision would ever have come to pass. Even 900 records is an absolutely trival number for any reasonable machine these days, and resorting the list would still not take a noticeable amount of time, human-scale.

However, all of us including you are now left with the task of trying to explain how it works, to the users and why the buttons go grey when it seems they should certainly be there. That isn't a job that's going to end, either.

• 7 months later...