To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Time to download and upload?????? Yes I am a NOOBIE

country

Someone please let me know acceptable amounts of time for downloads and uploads to completion. I am on DSL and have actual speeds of (I did read the setup FAQ and did speed test)828KB or 6627 Kbps Download and 59KB or 473 Kbps Upload. I set my upload speed to 60. I am currently downloading a movie with these stats download 100% avg 58 KB at 3:33hrs and upload is at 20:29hrs avg 48 KB and it hasnt finished. (I think) currently total upload is 3.45GB and the upload that is still ticking is at 631 MB. The total for the movie is 709MB. Do these numbers sound right? I also read that S and l #S have alot to do with it. Any and all help is greatly appreciated, Thanks, Country.

its simple when you lower your upload (sharing) speed you decrease your downlaod speed its a good idea to keep both at there max. unless you want to clear some bandwith for surfing the internet in that case always make the upload higher by 10 compared to d/l

the system works on sharing the more you share the faster u d/l

the less the slower

its simple when you lower your upload (sharing) speed you decrease your downlaod speed its a good idea to keep both at there max. unless you want to clear some bandwith for surfing the internet in that case always make the upload higher by 10 compared to d/l

the system works on sharing the more you share the faster u d/l

the less the slower

Thanks cooldude for your time and response but how do the download times look? Do feature movies take 24,36,48 hours to download? and the other part was i was at 100 %download but it was still uploading when does it end??? does bitcomet tell you file is complete? thanks again Country.