To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

help me with seeding!

I've tried a lot with bitcomet 0.70 but i'm not be able to seed... what I have to do? expecially to seed pack of files that I have downloaded with other bittorrent client: I download the same file .torrent from the tracker, I open it, I save it in the same folder where I have saved the pack downloaded before, select operation: seed, click OK but the program doesn't start to check my files and doesn't start to seed!...

Maybe I miss something, but what? The procedure is wrong? please tell me!

(Sorry for my bad english :D )

Please visit our offical website: www.bitcomet.com to see the"Help"about "Make.torrent with BitComet".

sorry but I don't want to create a new file . torrent... it already exist! I want only to open it and begin to seed because I have already downloaded the files... but the program doesn't understand it and starts to download and, if I save it in the directory where are my old files , it starts to overwrite them...

I hope you understand..... thanx you very much

you can seed it by uploading.

so the save location of the file in BitComet should be where you put the file in your folders.

(right click the file, select properties. make sure the file on the "Save Location" is where you have placed the file in your folders)

after that, do a hash check and if you have done the location properly, the file in BitComet will become100%.

if it does, then right click on it, select properties, and make the task into 'seed'

you can seed it by uploading.

so the save location of the file in BitComet should be where you put the file in your folders.

(right click the file, select properties. make sure the file on the "Save Location" is where you have placed the file in your folders)

after that, do a hash check and if you have done the location properly, the file in BitComet will become100%.

if it does, then right click on it, select properties, and make the task into 'seed'

Hate to bump an old topic, but I'm having issues with seeding as well. I've got all the torrents created, recognized by bitcomet, and am attempting to upload...but all I ever see is connecting. Suggestions?

Yes, I'm new to all of this, and I've been reading a lot, but so far I haven't found an answer to this. No problems with downloads, btw.

Edit: Well, for files that I've downloaded with Bitcomet, they upload fine. I've got a lot more that I'd like to share, but no luck with seeding them. Help would be appreciated. To clarify, I'm stuck on connecting to peers...the file is uploaded, the trackers are responding....but nothing is actually uploading. Thanks!

To clarify, I'm stuck on connecting to peers...the file is uploaded, the trackers are responding....but nothing is actually uploading. Thanks!

When I am downloading my uploading speed is quite high. When I am just seeding it is around 3 or 4. Sometimes it is at 0 (quite a lot actually) and I personally feel quite guilty! Maybe I have something set wrong?