To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Symbols

Chub2646

:rolleyes: Yep, I am new and I am really enjoying this but I cannot figure out what the symbols mean next to my downloads beyond the obvious upload and download symbols. Sometimes even those change colors. What does that mean? I cannot find an explanation anywhere in Help. Can someone explain these to me? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm presuming your running the 0.69, 0.70 or 0.71 version of BitComet, as these are the ones I can best remember the torrent symbols for.

Grey circle beside your download: The download files aren't complete, and you aren't leeching (downloading) them.

2 grey-blue arrowheads, both pointing right:

From http://forums.bitcomet.com/index.php?showt...entry1313

Soraiya wrote:-

"The icon Connecting.gif means that the tracker(s) you're connecting to is currently unavailable, or you do not have any trackers specified in that particular torrent download."

2 grey-blue arrows - 1 pointing left, 1 pointing right:

From http://forums.bitcomet.com/index.php?showt...entry1313

Soraiya wrote:-

"This icon Connecting_peers.gif means that you've connected successfully to the tracker, and BitComet is now attempting to locate Peers/Seeders for you. "

Green circle: You've successfully downloaded a file, but are not uploading it at the current time. Or, for a compilation torrent, that you've downloaded all the files you've selected to be downloaded from that torrent - which might be a selection of the, or the entire, group of files.

As you note, the download (green arrow - facing down), and the upload (red arrow - facing up) are self-explanatory. [inc. simply for reasons of completeness]

Feel free for anyone to comment on this, with a more technical explanation, but it's what I've so far found the symbols to mean.

It would be helpful if the FAQ did includ a definitive symbol guide. Maybe this can be accomplished by whoever looks after the FAQ ('Soraiya'...!?!).