To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Won't Download

I am trying to download an entire season of a tv show but it doesn't seem like it is going to download. Is an entire tv season too big to download or does it just take a while to start downloading?

I don't know if this is your problem, but if the file name is too large, bit comet will not allow you to download. Did you get a pop up message saying anything beginning with "No error occur". I got this on one of my downloads and I had to use utorrent to download it. It is such a pain, and I hope the guys at bit comet can come up with a solution.

I don't know if this is your problem, but if the file name is too large, bit comet will not allow you to download. Did you get a pop up message saying anything beginning with "No error occur". I got this on one of my downloads and I had to use utorrent to download it. It is such a pain, and I hope the guys at bit comet can come up with a solution.

I had a recent download where I got stuck with file name lengths on some of them - there were 1488 files in 196 folders for 8.1G.

The solution was rather than the usual sub/sub/sub/(etc.) directory where I start each torrent seperately was to create its own top level one (called HC in this case - only 2 characters) to keep the total file name shorter - it worked!