To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

0.71 Does not obey MAX global upload limit

ziggz

Had to go back down to 0.70 because 0.71 will go over the max global upload limit i set (15 KB/s)... i'm seeing it go as high as it wants, 30 - 40KB/s... tried changing the upload limit several times.. it simply doesnt obey it. 0.70 works though.

It seems that BitComet 0.71 is displaying the upload rate incorrectly on the torrents, yet shows the true rate for global uploads in the titlebar.

I have 3 torrents running, and their upload rates are listed as 0kB, 14kB, and 63kB, while the title bar says 19kB. I have a global upload limit of 20kB set.

So I can't get away with the upload speeds I'm getting (to improve my share ratio) :P Really odd. I have 1 torrent going with upload say set at 12 (limited to 288 upload speed) been getting speeds of up to 70/80K and my share ratio is through the roof apparently :P

I came here specifically to say that I've experienced exactly the same problem as ziggz. It clearly isn't purely a case of BC mis-reporting the actual upload speeds, becuase I can see that the download speed is being slowed because the upstream is being periodically "maxed". Simply from observing it, it's like the upstream is being allowed to max out, then BC responds and throttles it back; as opposed to just limiting it in the first place.

Another bug I noticed immediately after upgrading to 0.71 is that the torrent list kept refreshing itself (i.e. "blinking") - that's irritating.

I am disappointed that after waiting nearly 2 months for a new version of BC, a patently unstable version has been released.