To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Help please. Not getting any remote users.

Captainkewl

I am getting really slow download speeds. I have high speed cable and I do not run through a router. I tried turning off windows firewall, but it's still slow. I have listening port enabled, but since I am not getting any remote peers it seems the port is still blocked. Anyone have any ideas as to what could be the issue? thanks.

Who is your ISP?

What is the model of your modem?

What antivirus / firewall / antispyware software do you have installed on the PC?

Also don't turn off the windows firewall if thats all you have. If you have the option in Bitcomets preferences under Advanced/Connection "Enable NAT/Firewall Configuration in ICS/ICF" checked then window's firewall is not the problem.

Who is your ISP?

What is the model of your modem?

What antivirus / firewall / antispyware software do you have installed on the PC?

Also don't turn off the windows firewall if thats all you have. If you have the option in Bitcomets preferences under Advanced/Connection "Enable NAT/Firewall Configuration in ICS/ICF" checked then window's firewall is not the problem.

Cogeco high speed internet. Modem is RCA. (thompson TCM/DCM cable modem. I am running AVG antivirus (free edition). I do have the Enable NAT/Firewall etc. checked.